Technical Program Manager
a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, and 600+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, Paris, and Bangalore, together we've served over 400 million consumers worldwide across 7 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
Do you thrive in a hands-on, fast-paced environment and seek ownership over complex projects? Are you focused on devising solutions to solve problems rather than on completing tasks as quickly as possible? We’re seeking an exceptional Technical Program Manager to join our global TPM team and drive business-critical programs and projects across the organization.
You have a passion for technology and will forge strong cross-functional relationships through effective communication and collaboration. You will promote a culture of accountability, self-organization, and continuous improvement within agile teams using your knowledge and expertise. You diligently identify issues and remove barriers to keep teams focused and moving forward smoothly. We invite you to have a seat at the table and join us as we change the e-commerce industry!
what you’ll do
- Lead activities across cross-functional teams to complete programs/projects against a delivery schedule to support our strategy and objectives
- Play the role of Scrum Master and facilitate backlog refinement, planning, standups, reviews/demos, and retrospectives
- Clarify priorities, enable execution of key deliverables, and provide transparency into status, risks, and scope changes
- Provide hands-on project management during all phases of the program/project life cycle (from concept to ship and post-launch) with an emphasis on providing visibility to cross-functional stakeholders and scrum teams
- Use a variety of tools like JIRA, Github, CircleCI, Confluence, Slack, and G Suite to stay informed and organized
- Drive efficiency across teams by proactively identifying new processes or improvements
- Own program communications and presentations at all levels across the technology organization
- Lead functional and technical delivery for key teams and company-wide initiatives, ensuring high-quality deliverables and on-time delivery
- Be an agile coach - remove or drive the resolution of impediments to the team’s progress
- Partner with product engineering to improve development, automated testing, and build/release practices
- Drive cross-functional issue resolution ensuring issues are identified, owned, and resolved. If relevant, ensure issues are escalated to leadership
- Maintain urgency by ensuring there is strong collaboration within the organization, given competing priorities
what we’re looking for
- You have 4+ years experience as a technical program manager in a SaaS environment
- You have a thorough understanding of the product development life cycle and have hands-on Scrum Master experience with solid project management skills (Scrum Master certification a plus)
- You have familiarity with cloud technologies (AWS or GCP) and highly available, scalable software systems and services
- You have experience managing engineering, infrastructure, or data programs or projects
- You are ultra-organized, self-directed, and have excellent follow-through
- You have the technical ability and acumen to participate in technical design discussions and an ability to translate business requirements to technical requirements
- You have a bias for action and can get things done in an ever-changing environment with competing priorities
- You have the capacity to own and execute multiple programs/projects simultaneously
- You drive clarity and structure in ambiguous situations by asking the right questions, applying insights you’ve gained, and making good timely decisions
- You are detail-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and will own issues until resolved
- You have strong analytical skills and excellent written and oral communication skills
- You have an exceptional ability to influence teams, peers, managers, and build productive working relationships across the organization while dealing with ambiguity
- You have a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent work experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status