a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Glossier, Home Depot, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, and 600+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, Paris, and Bangalore, together we've served over 400 million consumers worldwide across 7 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
This role is based in Tokyo, Japan.
As the Senior Manager of Logistics Partnerships - APAC you will coordinate and drive the execution of our APAC logistics partner strategy, as well as technical and operational integration with input in our global activities. You will work with internal and external stakeholders to manage the prioritization of new logistics entities’ onboarding, support the execution of those integrations, and be the business stakeholder for our product and engineering teams’ ongoing efforts to improve our logistics partner-oriented initiatives in Asia. You’ll have global exposure and understand the nuances of both the APAC and international markets.
what you’ll do
- Develop value-based, win/win relationships within an assigned roster of APAC logistics providers.
- Support the complex supply chain requirements of Narvar’s retailer base by establishing new technical and feature integrations with leading logistics providers across Asia.
- Create new revenue streams for Narvar via your assigned logistics partnerships.
- Clearly articulate to carriers the tangible value of partnering with Narvar.
- Keep a pulse on all APAC logistics partner relationships and keep Narvar HQ informed of major developments and opportunities.
- Serve as an expert on APAC logistics, both internally and externally, by always remaining abreast of the latest market news, carrier developments, and cutting-edge innovation.
- Lead strategic initiatives to maximize our share of global e-commerce volume.
- Represent Narvar to the logistics industry and promote our mission by attending trade shows, industry events, and remaining visible on LinkedIn and other channels.
- Identify partnership opportunities in the supply chain ecosystem, gauge the appropriateness of solutions, coordinate implementation, and measure success.
- Provide logistics expertise in support of client sales and program development.
what we’re looking for
- You have 7+ years of supply chain or logistics-related SaaS experience in the Asia market. Relationships and familiarity with top carriers in region is a plus (i.e. Yamato, Sagawa, Japan Post, SF Express, China Post, etc).
- You can read and write fluent English and Japanese. Other APAC language proficiency is a plus.
- You’ve had previous success in a sales, logistics, or partnerships role(s).
- You have the resourcefulness required to navigate large, complex organizations in order to find and engage the right contact(s) to further Narvar’s objectives.
- You can “talk the talk” of logistics with credibility and depth.
- You are skilled at negotiation and can hold high-stakes, strategic conversations with C-levels and VP’s.
- You have a working familiarity of integration technologies such as APIs, flat files, and EDI files is required.
- You possess superior analytical, critical thinking, presentation, and problem solving abilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.