Senior Software Engineer, Front End
a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, and 600+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, Paris, and Bangalore, together, we've served over 400 million consumers worldwide across 7 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
Do you want to build exceptional products that power the pre and post-purchase experience for the biggest brands in retail? As a Senior Software Engineer, you will build rich user experiences and interfaces that drive millions of consumer interactions around the globe. You will work closely with design teams to build modular, reusable component libraries to solve everyday engineering pain points enabling more consistent and beautiful products.
what you’ll do
- Partner closely with design, engineering, product management, and program management teams to develop, test, and implement customer-facing products
- Created prototypes to assist in user research and product development focused on engagement.
- Built and maintain a design system and component libraries that empowers product, design and engineering teams
- Collaborate with local and remote product development and engineering teams to help architect and build global consumer-facing applications
- Research, promote, and adopt new technologies
- Write, participate, and review technical architecture designs
- Mentor front-end engineers on UI implementation best practices.
what we’re looking for
- You have 5+ years of experience building rich user interfaces with modern frameworks and libraries such as React, Angular, or similar
- You have experience building data-driven applications using RESTful APIs, GraphQL and Redux
- You have experience with frontend build tools, such as Webpack, Babel or Sass
- You have experience with test automation and enjoy building testable applications with tools such as Jest, Enzyme or Cypress
- You have some experience or desire to learn TypeScript, CSS-in-JS, Next.js, Node.js, and GraphQL
- You are committed to building exceptional consumer-facing user experiences
- You have a BS/MS in computer science, engineering, or equivalent work experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.