a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, and 500+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, and Bangalore, together we've served over 306 million consumers worldwide across 5 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 50 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
Our Data Team works with massive datasets to build new products and improve all aspects of the Narvar platform. As a “full stack” Senior Data Scientist, you will write production code that solves business problems in a fast-paced, high-achievement team setting. Data is at the core of our competitive advantage so the work you do has a large impact across the company, our business partners, and the lives of our end users. This is an excellent opportunity to help expand the data science practice and work with talented developers and scientists.
what you’ll do
- Build machine learning pipelines for use cases spanning e-commerce, consumer trends, markets, logistics, and new products
- Use real-world consumer data for classification, time series analysis, outlier detection, and more
- Work with large unstructured data to bring it to bear for insights and applications
- Partner closely with product managers and business stakeholders to understand the needs of the business
- Work on a wide variety of problems that require algorithmic and methodology formulation
- Collaborate closely with engineers to productionize your models
- Be at the intersection of mathematics, machine learning, business, and computer science
what we’re looking for
- You have 4+ years of industry experience and a PhD in computer science, statistics, math, science (physical or social), engineering, or similar quantitative/computation field
- You have experience with machine learning or optimization modeling and know how to create visualizations in order to tell a story
- Data science and data engineering skills - you should enjoy writing programs that run on servers and talk to databases
- You understand the strengths and weaknesses of different modeling approaches and can effectively reason when to apply different combinations
- You have a strong understanding of probability, statistics, machine learning, and algorithms
- You are fluent in Python, Pandas, Spark, NumPy, and machine learning packages
- You have experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- You’re a self-starter and strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Experience with Linux, shell scripting, or implementing applications on Amazon AWS is a plus
- Experience with deep generative models is a plus
- Tag your application with your solution to an active/recently concluded Kaggle competition to get ahead of the list!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.