a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Glossier, Home Depot, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, and 600+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, Paris, and Bangalore, together we've served over 400 million consumers worldwide across 7 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
Our Business Application stack is moving out of its infancy and needs to be developed out to help keep pace with our hyper-growth organization. As a Manager of Business Systems, you will be dedicated to helping provide structure to our stack and all new technologies entering the ecosystem. This includes a wide range of responsibilities from owning our Salesforce architecture and infrastructure, to maintaining the integrations across systems (ZenDesk, Marketo, etc.), and driving the technology selection process and budgets. You will focus on strategy, governance and vendor management, and solution design and implementation. You will interface with business owners across sales, marketing, customer success, G&A, and product to ensure that all business needs are prioritized and met.
what you’ll do
- Define, drive, and share the vision and long term strategy for Business Systems at Narvar - be the voice and face for our Business Systems
- Serve as a partner for company-wide initiatives, working across divisions, translating complex business requirements into intuitive and intelligent platform solutions to support our business objectives
- Own our business systems infrastructure - all the tools that we use to operate as a business (the architecture, layout, and usage of those tools)
- Create and own software budget and vendor negotiation process
- Manage contractor resources from requirements to implementation and testing
- Help to define system and technical architecture governance with business stakeholders by identifying initiatives, evaluating technology, and promoting better use of solutions throughout the organization
- Define architecture and standards for the technology selection process Own the end to end solution design and technical implementation of business systems projects
- Review and understand current business gaps and provide recommendations and feedback around third party apps or additional Salesforce functionality to fill those gaps
- Be the ‘go-to’ expert for technical guidance and architectural recommendations regarding designing, building, testing, deploying, and maintaining highly-available, scalable, and secure applications
what we’re looking for
- You have 7+ years of experience in an enterprise technical architect role with at least 5+ years of Salesforce experience
- You are a Salesforce certified administrator
- You have prior experience in leading a technical architectural strategy for a fast-growing company
- You have a deep mastery of cloud, data, and service-oriented architectures
- Proven understanding of a wide range of business application systems architectures including solution frameworks and technologies from diverse vendors (e.g. Salesforce, Marketo, NetSuite, Greenhouse, etc.)
- You have experience with diverse business unit solution architectures and a deep understanding of integration strategy
- You consider yourself a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and takes initiative to resolve pressing business issues
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You can effectively explain technical issues at a high level to executive leadership or a nontechnical audience
- You keep a pulse on the latest industry trends in technology and bring ideas to peers and business stakeholders
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, or related field
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.