a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Glossier, Home Depot, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, and 600+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, Paris, and Bangalore, together we've served over 400 million consumers worldwide across 7 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We’re looking for a seasoned leader to build and scale our legal operations. As Senior Corporate Counsel, you will collaborate closely with business partners to provide practical and commercially-focused legal advice to support our rapid growth. In addition to drafting and negotiating agreements, you will work on legal projects and issues relating to data privacy, security, intellectual property, and international expansion.
You have hands-on experience working in the SaaS space and the ability to build processes and scale operations. You should be a self-starter who is comfortable juggling multiple agreements and projects in a very fast-paced and dynamic atmosphere. With excellent business judgment and communication skills, you will play an integral role in driving the legal function within Narvar.
what you’ll do
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts and confidentiality agreements with customers
- Advise business clients on commercial legal issues and risks
- Resolve legal issues and contract interpretation matters
- Work with business clients to identify, design, and implement processes and improvements for contract management
- Develop, manage, and maintain template agreements, contract playbooks, and sales processes
- Support the broader organization on any agreements under executive consideration including agreements with channel partners, vendors for materials & services, and others as required
- Assist in managing corporate matters, including equity plan administration and board and shareholder affairs
- Assist with and/or lead other projects and matters in areas including privacy law, compliance issues in the U.S. and abroad, information security, intellectual property, and other legal and regulatory issues
what we’re looking for
- You have your J.D. and 10+ years of legal experience as a transactional attorney, with at least 5 years of that experience in-house supporting direct sales in the tech industry
- You are in good standing with the California State Bar
- You have a strong understanding of SaaS contracts, preferably B2B
- You can present complex issues in a clear and concise manner and provide succinct, practical, and results-oriented legal advice
- Ability to understand and apply risk tolerances appropriately to business needs
- You have strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple competing priorities
- You have effective relationship building skills and can earn the trust of business partners
- You excel in a fast-paced environment, can meet tight deadlines, and act decisively
- You have strong written and oral communication skills
- E-commerce industry experience and privacy/data security experience a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.