a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, and 500+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, and Bangalore, together we've served over 306 million consumers worldwide across 5 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 50 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
As the Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for building and growing the engineering team in Utah. You will partner with our product team to develop experiences for our clients and their end consumers. You will play a meaningful role in amplifying the value of our platform by assuring the seamless development and deployment of our product. You will organize team structure, build leveling charts, and be an integral part of the hiring process.
what you’ll do
- Attract, retain, develop, and manage top engineering talent
- Collaborate with product leaders to align technical vision given product and operational needs
- Promote engineering best practices and craftsmanship
- Research and adopt new technologies and open source implementations
- Provide technical leadership and decision making for the team
- Partner with product managers, designers, and customer success teams to design, develop, test, and implement our cloud solutions using an iterative and agile development methodology
- Strive to continuously improve scalability, performance, and reliability of systems
- Foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation, excellence, and fun
what we’re looking for
- You have a BS/MS in computer science, information systems, or equivalent
- You have 10+ years of software development experience and are an engineer at heart
- Proven hands-on technical management
- You excel in an informal, fast-paced startup environment with a flat organizational structure and can provide credible hands-on management to highly qualified engineers
- You can set and manage expectations and ensure your team achieves them
- You can effectively present and communicate technical designs and processes to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have experience building high performance, scalable, highly available, and reliable distributed systems
- You have experience with cloud technologies (AWS or GCS), schema design, optimization, query analysis, and databases
- You have experience with Java, JVM, and scripting languages like Python
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.