a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Glossier, Home Depot, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, and 500+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, and Bangalore, together we've served over 306 million consumers worldwide across 5 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 50 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
Are you an innovative and strategic People leader? As the VP of People, you’ll create a progressive corporate culture that will attract and retain employees. You’re creative, think outside of the box, and are not risk-averse in developing new programs and processes.
what you’ll do
- Build and manage the global People team and serve as a strategic partner and advisor to executives
- Provide leadership, management, and development to your team and lead with a hands-on approach
- Evaluate the team structure, plan for continual improvement in efficiency and effectiveness, and provide individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities
- Translate strategic corporate plans into HR operational plans and successfully implement systems and process
- Develop requisite compliance programs including policies and procedures for the U.S., including California, and all international locations
- Liaise with internal and external legal counsel as needed on all employment-related matters
what we’re looking for
- You have 15+ years generalist experience in an HR/People role, including leadership roles
- You have experience at a fast-paced, tech startup undergoing rapid change and growth
- You’re comfortable working directly with C-level executives
- You know how to create a strong corporate culture
- Experience creating programs to foster culture, employee development, retention and succession planning (including any awards for “best places to work”) is a strong plus
- Experience working with companies that have an international office is preferred
- You have a generalist background with broad knowledge of employment, compensation, organizational planning, employee relations, and training and development
- You have experience with M&A, Global HR, and managing immigration processes
- You understand strategic organizational issues and can influence key leaders and stakeholders
- You have a proven ability to coach leaders
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity
- You value integrity, have experience working with sensitive and confidential situations, and have a strong track record of building trust and confidence with business leaders and teams
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.