a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Glossier, Home Depot, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, and 500+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, and Bangalore, together we've served over 306 million consumers worldwide across 5 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 50 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We’re looking for an Accounting Manager to scale our accounting function and support our rapid growth. You’ll report to the Controller and will play a key role in the day-to-day accounting, tax, and financial reporting activities. You’ll also help implement controls, processes, and systems to enable Narvar to meet operational, reporting, and audit requirements as we scale.
what you’ll do
- Manage and streamline the month-end close process and activities including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules
- Assist in the preparation of GAAP financial statements, including document preparation, data analysis, integrity validation, and reconciliation processes
- Review international accounting packages for consistency and accuracy
- Manage the setup of new international legal entities and onboarding/training of accounting personnel in those locations
- Supervise international accounting teams and ensure they are adhering to established policies
- Execute system implementations where required
- Ensure adherence to internal controls and compliance with GAAP
- Work closely with external auditors to fulfill requests
- Increase accounting process efficiency by implementing new processes and technologies
- Assist with projects and ad hoc assignments as needed
what we’re looking for
- You have a bachelor's degree in accounting or related field, licensed CPA preferred
- You have 5-8 years experience, preferably with a big four public accounting firm and startup/high-growth SaaS companies
- You have a strong understanding of accounting theory and GAAP
- You’re detail oriented and able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- You’ve supervised people in the past and are a strong team player
- You have strong communication and organization skills
- You’re proficient in Netsuite, Salesforce, and Microsoft Excel
- You’re passionate about accounting operations and are willing to roll up your sleeves
- You possess a growth mindset and have an insatiable desire to grow and learn
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.