Narrativ is building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the Creator Economy. We make it simple for creators to earn a full time income selling products from brands they love.
50 million people work in the Creator Economy today, but 95% don’t make enough to pay their monthly rent. Creators feel more pressure than ever to keep adding new revenue streams, from fan subscriptions to tips, and churn out a constant stream of new content just to get by. Narrativ gives creators the opportunity to earn meaningful, reliable income in commerce without needing to have millions of fans.
Narrativ is changing this status quo - our platform gives creators commerce, not affiliate tools, to manage their businesses. Creators who were making less than $25K a year through affiliate are now earning $100K+ through commerce on Narrativ. These creators don’t need millions of followers - the majority of creators earning a full time income on Narrativ have between 50-300K subscribers.
Narrativ has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack. Narrativ is committed to building a diverse team in a technology ecosystem that is anything but - the team is 42% women and 60% people of color today.
Do you share our vision for making the creator economy dream real for millions of people? Come join our team!
In the role of VP of Finance and Operations, you will collaborate with the CEO and Executive Leadership team to advance us into our next stage of growth. You will own all aspects of financial management & operationalizing the company's strategy. You will advise and establish performance compared to the company’s financial KPIs while bringing awareness and analyses to the leadership team. You will establish a Finance and Operations systems framework that enables leaders to lead. Partnering with leaders you will identify gaps and create policies and procedures where needed that ensure agility while also creating scalability.
What You’ll Do
- Own all aspects of Finance operations, including:
- Regular financial reporting (e.g. preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements), forecasts, planning, budgeting, financial analysis, cash management, and procurement
- Timely and accurately provide reporting of financial information to internal parties, government regulators and outside agencies
- Audit and improve productivity and effectiveness of current cross team processes through stronger organizational design and process
- Partner with the CEO and other senior leaders to drive strong financial decision making around cost and growth
- Partner with the CEO to support corporate finance activities, including venture capital fundraising
- Manage and supervise all AR/AP cycles with external partners and customers - including the implementation of accounting and billing systems and controls
- Partner with People Team on Equity administration and planning
Who You Are:
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative environment
- High attention to detail, with a process and solution-oriented mindset
- Superior management collaboration and interpersonal skills- ability to interact and influence direct and indirect reports and peers
- 10+ years of experience in a Finance and/or Operational function, preferably customer-facing in a SaaS organization
- Proven ownership of financial reporting, financial processes, and key metrics in multi-faceted businesses
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.