Narrativ is building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the Creator Economy. We make it simple for creators to earn a full time income selling products from brands they love.
50 million people work in the Creator Economy today, but 95% don’t make enough to pay their monthly rent. Creators feel more pressure than ever to keep adding new revenue streams, from fan subscriptions to tips, and churn out a constant stream of new content just to get by. Narrativ gives creators the opportunity to earn meaningful, reliable income in commerce without needing to have millions of fans.
Narrativ is changing this status quo - our platform gives creators commerce, not affiliate tools, to manage their businesses. Creators who were making less than $25K a year through affiliate are now earning $100K+ through commerce on Narrativ. These creators don’t need millions of followers - the majority of creators earning a full time income on Narrativ have between 50-300K subscribers.
Narrativ has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack. Narrativ is committed to building a diverse team in a technology ecosystem that is anything but - the team is 42% women and 60% people of color today.
Do you share our vision for making the creator economy dream real for millions of people? Come join our team!
Narrativ is looking for our first Sr. Director, Communications. This person will be responsible for launching our company re-brand in press early next year, in addition to owning and developing a broader strategic plan to build our new brand across new and traditional media outlets moving forward. You’ll collaborate with department leads across our organization, pitch and build relationships with key media outlets, and drive the overarching story we tell about our company, products, and team in public-facing media.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and own a marketing communications plan that will differentiate our brand - including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media, including defining and owning KPIs for PR
- Collaborate across key internal stakeholders across Marketing, Product, Customer Success, and Talent to derive messaging and tactics that support each team
- Direct social media team in collaboration with Editorial team to engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships and sponsorships on an on-going basis.
- Develop and implement PR policies and procedures
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting customers and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Launch our new company re-brand in press early next year
- Drive brand awareness and help build our company and employer brand through strategic placements aligned to key brand pillars and themes
- Position Narrativ as a market leader through thought leadership and commentary on topics most relevant to our customers
- Build and lead the team that’s required to achieve our PR goals
What You’ll Bring
- Proven track record designing and executing viral public relations campaigns that have legs on social
- Creative and entrepreneurial thinker - you’re not afraid to reinvent the playbook and test and learn from new experiments
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Expert collaborator and relationship builder across internal and external stakeholders
- Skilled at navigating and creating social content across platforms most critical to our business (YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter)
- Nice to have: Strong existing relationships with business and industry media outlets
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.