Narrativ is building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the Creator Economy. We make it simple for creators to earn a full time income selling products from brands they love.
50 million people work in the Creator Economy today, but 95% don’t make enough to pay their monthly rent. Creators feel more pressure than ever to keep adding new revenue streams, from fan subscriptions to tips, and churn out a constant stream of new content just to get by. Narrativ gives creators the opportunity to earn meaningful, reliable income in commerce without needing to have millions of fans.
Narrativ is changing this status quo - our platform gives creators commerce, not affiliate tools, to manage their businesses. Creators who were making less than $25K a year through affiliate are now earning $100K+ through commerce on Narrativ. These creators don’t need millions of followers - the majority of creators earning a full time income on Narrativ have between 50-300K subscribers.
Narrativ has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack. Narrativ is committed to building a diverse team in a technology ecosystem that is anything but - the team is 42% women and 60% people of color today.
Do you share our vision for making the creator economy dream real for millions of people? Come join our team!
What You Will Do
- Play the project manager and scrum master role
- Migrate the organization from sprint to kanban.
- Facilitate running the scrum rituals (E.g: backlog grooming)
- Facilitate bug prioritization meeting
- Maintain statistics on bugs opened/closed/duration
- Enforce post mortems and follow up on resolutions of issues
- Maintain analytics and reporting on dev productivity
- Story points (estimated, delivered, etc per team) to help with team capacity planning
- Facilitate retrospectives
- Maintain singular roadmap document
- Document librarian. Organize and maintain documents
- Document OKRs and KPIs status update
What You'll Bring to the Role
- You have a scrum master certification
- You are opinionated about methodologies and can articulate your point of views
- You have a deep knowledge of the Confluence software suite
- You have some knowledge of GitHub
- You see mentoring, guiding, educating, and answering questions as equally valuable to your own heads-down time
- The software development life cycle (you know, that circle chart) is second nature
- You’re not scared to question the way things are done - while remaining respectful to the opinions of others
- You can plan and communicate in a way that scales with the organization (simple, written) and is tuned for the right audience (e.g. summarized suggestions for execs, detailed plans for reports).
- You understand the need to develop cross-functional relationships to avoid bottlenecks in communication channels.
- You have a liberal art background or a technical background
- You can walk the line between product requirements & customer feedback & engineering constraints with confidence
Baseline skill expectations - extra points for things in [brackets]
- 5yrs+ of managing projects
- Diversity of experiences. Managed small and big projects at small and big companies
- Expertise in JIRA, Confluence
- Expertise in Software Development Lifecycle
- Leadership history [player/coach, mentor, etc.]
- Organizational skills
- Comfortable doing public speaking in front of large audience
- A successful candidate will have substantial relevant experience in high-tech software development teams.
- A bachelor’s or higher degree in computer science or software engineering -or-
- A bachelor’s or better degree in a STEM discipline plus substantial software engineering experience -or/and-
- A bachelor’s or better degree in Liberal Arts
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.