Narrativ is building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the Creator Economy. We make it simple for creators to earn a full time income selling products from brands they love.
50 million people work in the Creator Economy today, but 95% don’t make enough to pay their monthly rent. Creators feel more pressure than ever to keep adding new revenue streams, from fan subscriptions to tips, and churn out a constant stream of new content just to get by. Narrativ gives creators the opportunity to earn meaningful, reliable income in commerce without needing to have millions of fans.
Narrativ is changing this status quo - our platform gives creators commerce, not affiliate tools, to manage their businesses. Creators who were making less than $25K a year through affiliate are now earning $100K+ through commerce on Narrativ. These creators don’t need millions of followers - the majority of creators earning a full time income on Narrativ have between 50-300K subscribers.
Narrativ has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack. Narrativ is committed to building a diverse team in a technology ecosystem that is anything but - the team is 42% women and 60% people of color today.
Do you share our vision for making the creator economy dream real for millions of people? Come join our team!
You are Narrativ’s data analyst if you are skilled at extracting business insights at web-scale. In this role, you will become a master of the company’s data model and a champion for accurate reporting. You will wrangle billions of rows of data into Snowflake tables and Looker dashboards that guide strategic business decisions. You will make it effortless for business people and engineers alike to see how revenue is affected by various technical systems, creating transparency and accountability that drives ever-improving algorithms. You will help standardize data, establish gold standard tables, and help shape the roadmap for analytics at Narrative. You will also mentor other team members in best practices related to data analyses.
What You Will Do
- Write LookML and SQL queries and build dashboards on Looker.
- Systematically identify issues with data quality and help data engineering address them.
- Do deep analyses to help us understand our data better and help shape the direction of the business.
- Establish gold standard data that will be used by the rest of the company as the source of truth.
- Work with the team and other stakeholders across the company to shape the analytics roadmap.
- Help us be more data driven.
What You'll Bring to the Role
- Expert SQL skills
- Experience with BI tools and creating visual dashboards and reports
- The ability to manage business and technical stakeholders and communicate effectively with both
- Data analysis experience in Python or R or similar
- Solid foundational statistical skills
- Attention to detail and possess an analytical mindset
- A strong business sense
- Are comfortable working with ambiguity
- A strong backbone and demonstrate integrity
- Are able to ruthlessly prioritize tasks based on impact to the business
- At least 5 years of experience working as an analyst or in similar position
Narrativ Technology and Data Stack
Our data is centralized into a Snowflake database. We replicate data, mainly using Fivetran, from our transaction databases, Google Analytics, Salesforce, Neptune (graph database). Our events are also streamed into Snowflake after attribution using DynamoDB and a Storm cluster. We publish our dashboards on Looker and use Fivetran for data replication. We use DBT to build our ELT DAGs. We use libraries like Marshmallow and Great Expectations for data validation.
Narrativ’s systems are implemented as a modern microservices architecture running on Linux servers hosted in AWS. We use Kubernetes to manage our containers, we use Flask to construct our Web interfaces. We build interactivity in our web interfaces using React. We use Linux, and in particular Debian, Ubuntu, and Alpine distros.
We test each language with an appropriate unit testing tool - JUnit, PyTest, ScalaTest, ExUnit, and Jasmine. We use Jenkins to run our builds and tests.
We also use DataDog, Fivetran, Jira, LaunchDarkly, and StoryBook.
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.