NARRATIV is seeking energetic software engineers to join its growing team and develop products and infrastructure for its growing business. Our smart links are used across the Internet, with a vast number of interactions per day.
NARRATIV is building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the Creator Economy. We make it simple for creators to earn a full time income selling products from brands they love.
50 million people work in the Creator Economy today, but 95% don’t make enough to pay their monthly rent. Creators feel more pressure than ever to keep adding new revenue streams, from fan subscriptions to tips, and churn out a constant stream of new content just to get by. Commerce is a massively under-monetized revenue stream because it’s been falsely housed as “affiliate marketing” to date.
Narrativ is changing this status quo - our platform gives creators commerce, not affiliate tools, to manage their businesses. Creators who were making less than $25K a year through affiliate are now earning $100K+ through commerce on Narrativ. These creators don’t need millions of followers - the majority of creators earning a full time income on Narrativ have between 50-300K subscribers.
Narrativ has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack. Narrativ is committed to building a diverse team in a technology ecosystem that is anything but - the team is 42% women and 60% people of color today.
Do you share our vision for making the creator economy dream real for millions of people? Come join our team!
What you’ll do
- Take lead on large meaningful features, system revamps, and scaling solutions
- Code in the latest & greatest of front-end tech (React, Typescript, Node.js, Next.JS, GraphQL, etc.)
- Be one with agility in many-times-a-day production deployments with modern Ci/CD practices (feature flags!)
- Work alongside and help lead fellow engineers to develop ever-improving software standards and practices
- Walk the line between product requirements & customer feedback with confidence - and know when to push back
You’re the right fit if
- You’re not scared to move quick & break things - and fix them just as fast : )
- Keeping your up-to-date software dev edge is a personal practice
- Learning new things and trying new ways is exciting and refreshing
- You see mentoring, guiding, and answering your team’s questions as equally valuable to your own heads-down time
- Carrying heavy personally-set expectations and exceeding them motivates you
- The software development life cycle (you know, that circle chart) is second nature
- You’re not scared to question the way things are done - while remaining respectful to the opinions of others
Baseline skill expectations - extra points for things in [brackets]
- 3-5yrs+ React knowledge [Next.JS framework]
- Css/Sass/Less know-how [TailwindCSS]
- PR / safe code collaboration practice [PRs + LaunchDarkly]
- Automated testing / unit / e2e / etc. experience [Cypress]
- Deployment pipeline involvement [Jenkins / Github Actions]
- Leadership history [player/coach, mentor, etc.]
- Project management / organizational skills [Jira/Confluence]
- Provide technical and design leadership within an engineering team.
- Master the code base, toolchain, and development processes of a product team.
- Work with product management partners to articulate requirements and agree on designs for components.
- Negotiate interfaces between your components and others in the Narrativ system.
- Design software components and subsystems for Narrativ’s products or infrastructure.
- Implement high-quality software components and subsystems with your team.
- Document the architecture of your designs at the block diagram level.
- Write technical documents as needed to memorialize design and implementation decisions and rationales.
- May serve as tech lead (player-coach) of an implementation team.
- Drive implementation of automated testing for your components.
- Contribute to refinement and enrichment of development tools and processes.
- Participate in risk analysis and risk management exercises with engineering leadership.
- A successful candidate will have substantial relevant experience in high-tech software development teams.
- A bachelor’s or better degree in computer science or software engineering -or-
- A bachelor’s or better degree in a STEM discipline plus substantial software engineering experience