Narrativ is building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the Creator Economy. We make it simple for creators to earn a full time income selling products from brands they love.
50 million people work in the Creator Economy today, but 95% don’t make enough to pay their monthly rent. Creators feel more pressure than ever to keep adding new revenue streams, from fan subscriptions to tips, and churn out a constant stream of new content just to get by. Narrativ gives creators the opportunity to earn meaningful, reliable income in commerce without needing to have millions of fans.
Narrativ is changing this status quo - our platform gives creators commerce, not affiliate tools, to manage their businesses. Creators who were making less than $25K a year through affiliate are now earning $100K+ through commerce on Narrativ. These creators don’t need millions of followers - the majority of creators earning a full time income on Narrativ have between 50-300K subscribers.
Narrativ has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack. Narrativ is committed to building a diverse team in a technology ecosystem that is anything but - the team is 42% women and 60% people of color today.
Do you share our vision for making the creator economy dream real for millions of people? Come join our team!
Narrativ is looking for a Senior UX Researcher to join our Product & Design Team. The ideal candidate brings together a deep love of data, creativity, and ability to provide high impact insights that can change the trajectory of Narrativ’s platform and product team.
- Conduct, collect and analyze data through survey research, concept testing, usability tests, benchmark studies, competitive analyses in order to recognize patterns, identify trends, and provide insights.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and stakeholders to prioritize research opportunities, come up with methodologies, framworkes, and best practices in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment; Build partnerships with product owners to understand and prioritize customer needs.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research and project planning.
- Test product and feature requirements and compose these into a clear actionable document to help drive direction, scope and purpose.
- Influence and impact the Product team’s roadmap based on UX research study findings that will highlight areas of growth, identify blind spots, and transforms challenges into useful insights
What we’re looking for
- 5+ Years of professional experience in conducting quantitative survey and user research, testing, and analysis
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Business, Marketing, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology) ; Master’s degree preferred
- Track record of success: Ability to work independently and collaboratively with product leadership to establish metrics for success
- Adaptability: Has worked in a fast-paced environment — bringing well-worn frameworks to the table and the confidence to break from them when necessary.
- Growth mentality: Has the drive to push through tough situations and the maturity to learn from mistakes.
- Structured thinking and communication: Professional demeanor and ability to articulate and deliver quality work and complex decisions, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience conducting research with eCommerce platforms or other digital product development and/ or marketplaces (Amazon); Experience with testing complex data-driven products and user interactions (advertising technology, finance, etc.)
- Proficiency in Powerpoint & Excel
- Expert-level skills in tools (e.g.: R, Python, SQL), statistical methods, “big data” technologies (e.g.: Redshift, Spark, Hive, BigQuery), and applied experience with machine learning on large datasets
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.