Narrativ is building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the Creator Economy. We make it simple for creators to earn a full time income selling products from brands they love.
50 million people work in the Creator Economy today, but 95% don’t make enough to pay their monthly rent. Creators feel more pressure than ever to keep adding new revenue streams, from fan subscriptions to tips, and churn out a constant stream of new content just to get by. Narrativ gives creators the opportunity to earn meaningful, reliable income in commerce without needing to have millions of fans.
Narrativ is changing this status quo - our platform gives creators commerce, not affiliate tools, to manage their businesses. Creators who were making less than $25K a year through affiliate are now earning $100K+ through commerce on Narrativ. These creators don’t need millions of followers - the majority of creators earning a full time income on Narrativ have between 50-300K subscribers.
Narrativ has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack. Narrativ is committed to building a diverse team in a technology ecosystem that is anything but - the team is 42% women and 60% people of color today.
Do you share our vision for making the creator economy dream real for millions of people? Come join our team!
About the Role:
Narrativ is scaling quickly and looking to hire a passionate, results-oriented leader to build and grow a Customer Success team in the Lifestyle & Beauty Category.
This is a unique opportunity to lead and grow a core business segment at Narrativ and have a fundamental impact on the success of a rapidly growing startup. In this role, you will build, lead and mentor a team (serve as Player - Coach) to grow the Lifestyle and Beauty category, while working to operationalize our go to market strategy and growth strategy.
Customer Success will be the heartbeat of Narrativ’s revenue growth so you are the right fit for this role if you have the hunger to make an outsized impact. You see ambiguity and obstacles as opportunities to build something new. You take full ownership of initiatives and are proactive about capturing new opportunities. You prefer to be a big fish (whether the pond is small or big) and make as big of a splash as possible.
- Build, manage, and coach a team of Customer Success Directors and/or managers including regular 1:1s, radical candor feedback in the moment, performance reviews, and career planning conversations
- Design and implement the customer success standard processes, tools and playbooks to enable scalable growth of brands and creators
- Lead and assist customer success team on how to communicate any challenges during client relationship
- Intake customer opportunities and challenges, structure problem statements and solutions to resolve challenge or capture opportunity while understanding when to escalate or partner cross-functionally
- Own top-line revenue goals for your category, identifying opportunities for growth and operationalizing them in order to set and hit ambitious goals for platform marketing spend in your category
- Partner with senior client stakeholders on marketing and executive teams at category-leading brands and retailers such as Best Buy and Sephora
- Build category expertise in order to understand the category trends, insights, and goals across retailers, brands, publishers, and creators
- Partner cross-functionally with Narrativ’s product/engineering team to ensure customer’s needs are known and prioritized to drive development of best-in-class solutions
- Experience in any of the following is preferred: Digital/Technical Customer Success, high-growth tech startup, e-commerce performance marketing, SaaS
- Experience managing a high-performance team
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills: you use data to draw insights and make decisions
- Equal parts strategic and operational — willing to roll up your sleeves and dive into account strategy and campaign set-ups when necessary
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with clients, including senior stakeholders
- Thrive in a matrix organization and comfortable working with cross functional teammates at all levels
- Enthusiasm or interest in the category you will own
- Bonus points for experience managing and/or growing SaaS contracts or performance marketing accounts
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.