Narrativ is building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the Creator Economy. We make it simple for creators to earn a full time income selling products from brands they love.
50 million people work in the Creator Economy today, but 95% don’t make enough to pay their monthly rent. Creators feel more pressure than ever to keep adding new revenue streams, from fan subscriptions to tips, and churn out a constant stream of new content just to get by. Commerce is a massively under-monetized revenue stream because it’s been falsely housed as “affiliate marketing” to date.
Narrativ is changing this status quo - our platform gives creators commerce, not affiliate tools, to manage their businesses. Creators who were making less than $25K a year through affiliate are now earning $100K+ through commerce on Narrativ. These creators don’t need millions of followers - the majority of creators earning a full time income on Narrativ have between 50-300K subscribers.
Narrativ has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack. Narrativ is committed to building a diverse team in a technology ecosystem that is anything but - the team is 42% women and 60% people of color today.
Do you share our vision for making the creator economy dream real for millions of people? Come join our team!
Why you should work here:
- We’re growing fast, without constantly diluting your equity: Narrativ is growing 3-4X year over year (yep, you read that right). Hundreds of brands joined Narrativ’s platform in the last year, from enterprises like Best Buy, Sephora, and Samsung, to rising brands like Yeti, Cariuma, and Peace Out Skincare.
- Massive TAM, unique approach: We’re tackling the creator economy and e-commerce, a $50-150 billion market. Narrativ’s unique approach is that we believe technology is not neutral – its values are encoded by its creators. We value integrity, specificity, and diversity (not just scale at all costs).
- Join a strong, diverse team: We’re more than doubling in size and growing to a team of 130 by the end of the year. Narrativ is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – more than 50% of our leadership team are women. We’ve taken the 15% pledge both in our talent strategy and across creators on our platform. We’re amplifying our diverse team’s support of communities of color by matching 200% of all individual donations as a company.
Last, but very important, we are a startup: We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to wield the chaos that comes with true creation, explore ambiguity, set the bar for excellence, and have full ownership over their impact. You’ll never be a cog in a machine here, but you won’t have the established blueprints of being one either. If all this sounds exciting to you, come join us.
Narrativ is looking for a Senior Product Manager to reimagine how our users do their work: from marketers at the hottest brands and retailers; to writers, editors, and creators who write the internet’s most trusted recommendations.
The ideal candidate brings together creativity, user empathy, an analytical mindset, and a focus on execution that can change the trajectory of Narrativ’s platform and product team.
Your outcomes in the first 1-2 years
- You have crafted the vision of what our client-facing products will be — transforming the complex into simple; raw data into usable insights.
- You have helped transform Narrativ into a fully tech-driven company, building a platform that has created a healthier ecosystem of product recommendations on the internet.
- You have helped us reimagine how our users do their work: from marketers at the hottest brands and retailers; to writers, editors, and creators who write the internet’s most trusted recommendations. Both adoption and satisfaction is high.
What we’re looking for
- Track record of success: Has built an end-to-end experience that people currently use and generates revenue.
- Product sense: Can think big while getting s*** done. Has curiosity when knowledge is incomplete.
- Backbone / building trust: Has a point of view, is willing to share it, has ability to persuade, is willing to disagree and commit.
- Adaptability: Has worked in a fast-paced environment — bringing well-worn frameworks to the table and the confidence to break from them when necessary.
- Structured thinking and communication: Able to walk people through complex decisions, both verbally and in writing.
Baseline: Proven product experience. Knowledge of lean development processes.
Bonus: Experience in managing platforms in complex ecosystems, such as ad tech (e.g., Google, AppNexus, OpenX), social enterprise platforms (LinkedIn, Unified Social, Wildfire) , media platforms (Spotify, YouTube, Netflix), eCommerce platforms or marketplaces (Amazon)
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.