Narrativ is building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the Creator Economy. We make it simple for creators to earn a full time income selling products from brands they love.
50 million people work in the Creator Economy today, but 95% don’t make enough to pay their monthly rent. Creators feel more pressure than ever to keep adding new revenue streams, from fan subscriptions to tips, and churn out a constant stream of new content just to get by. Narrativ gives creators the opportunity to earn meaningful, reliable income in commerce without needing to have millions of fans.
Narrativ is changing this status quo - our platform gives creators commerce, not affiliate tools, to manage their businesses. Creators who were making less than $25K a year through affiliate are now earning $100K+ through commerce on Narrativ. These creators don’t need millions of followers - the majority of creators earning a full time income on Narrativ have between 50-300K subscribers.
Narrativ has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack. Narrativ is committed to building a diverse team in a technology ecosystem that is anything but - the team is 42% women and 60% people of color today.
Do you share our vision for making the creator economy dream real for millions of people? Come join our team!
Narrativ is looking for a Principal Product Manager with a focus on Analytics to serve as the leader and founding member of our product analytics team. The ideal candidate brings together a deep love of data, creativity, and user empathy that can change the trajectory of Narrativ’s platform and product team.
Your outcomes in the first 1-2 years
- You've launched new reports and dashboards for customer to get better insights into their business.
- You’ve discovered the key milestones in the product journey that predict success, enabling the product team to focus on the “wow” moments that move the needle.
- You’ve defined all our product KPIs, instrumented them, and made them accessible to all stakeholders.
- You’ve worked with our data engineering team to build the infrastructure that will support our business and product intelligence needs as we massively scale.
- You’ve built the team that can carry forward this work as we grow.
What we’re looking for
- Track record of success: Has stood up analytics products from scratch, working collaboratively with product leadership to establish metrics for success and building the end-to-end systems that we use to operate.
- Backbone / building trust: Has a point of view, is willing to share it, has ability to persuade, is willing to disagree and commit.
- Adaptability: Has worked in a fast-paced environment — bringing well-worn frameworks to the table and the confidence to break from them when necessary.
- Growth mentality: Has the drive to push through tough situations and the maturity to learn from mistakes.
- Structured thinking and communication: Able to walk people through complex decisions, both verbally and in writing.
- Baseline: Proven product experience. Knowledge of lean development processes.
Bonus: Experience in managing platforms in complex ecosystems, such as ad tech (e.g., Google, AppNexus, OpenX), social enterprise platforms (LinkedIn, Unified Social, Wildfire) , media platforms (Spotify, YouTube, Netflix), eCommerce platforms or marketplaces (Amazon)
Expert-level skills in tools (e.g.: R, Python, SQL), statistical methods, “big data” technologies (e.g.: Redshift, Spark, Hive, BigQuery), and applied experience with machine learning on large datasets
MBA and undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (e.g.: statistics, economics, computer science, ML/AI)
PhD degree in a quantitative field, as listed above
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.