Narrativ is building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the Creator Economy. We make it simple for creators to earn a full time income selling products from brands they love.
50 million people work in the Creator Economy today, but 95% don’t make enough to pay their monthly rent. Creators feel more pressure than ever to keep adding new revenue streams, from fan subscriptions to tips, and churn out a constant stream of new content just to get by. Commerce is a massively under-monetized revenue stream because it’s been falsely housed as “affiliate marketing” to date.
Narrativ is changing this status quo - our platform gives creators commerce, not affiliate tools, to manage their businesses. Creators who were making less than $25K a year through affiliate are now earning $100K+ through commerce on Narrativ. These creators don’t need millions of followers - the majority of creators earning a full time income on Narrativ have between 50-300K subscribers.
Narrativ has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack. Narrativ is committed to building a diverse team in a technology ecosystem that is anything but - the team is 42% women and 60% people of color today.
Do you share our vision for making the creator economy dream real for millions of people? Come join our team!
Curious about our tech stack? Read our tech tear sheet.
- Provide technical, design, mentorship, and cultural leadership within the engineering team.
- Recruit, hire, train, and mentor engineering leaders, both managers and tech leads, for Narrativ.
- Drive team planning, and ensure overall consistency and integrity of plans.
- Drive the architecture of our microservices-based distributed platform.
- Collaborate closely with other development teams to negotiate middleware APIs that meet the needs of the products.
- Drive scalability, testability, monitorability, reliability, and performance of the platform.
- Keep stakeholders informed of progress and any deviations from the plans.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product leadership to articulate requirements and produce regular product roadmap revisions.
- Ensure that the team writes technical documents as needed to memorialize implementation decisions and rationales.
- Meet regularly with team members and provide them with actionable feedback on their performance.
- Ensure implementation of automated testing for the team’s subsystems.
- Contribute to refinement and enrichment of development tools and processes.
- Lead risk analysis and risk management exercises with engineering leadership.
- A successful candidate will have five to ten years of relevant experience in high-tech software development teams.
- Three or more years of experience as an engineering manager or technical lead.
- A bachelor’s or better degree in computer science or software engineering -or-
- A bachelor’s or better degree in a STEM discipline plus substantial software engineering experience
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.