Narrativ is building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the Creator Economy. We make it simple for creators to earn a full time income selling products from brands they love.
50 million people work in the Creator Economy today, but 95% don’t make enough to pay their monthly rent. Creators feel more pressure than ever to keep adding new revenue streams, from fan subscriptions to tips, and churn out a constant stream of new content just to get by. Commerce is a massively under-monetized revenue stream because it’s been falsely housed as “affiliate marketing” to date.
Narrativ is changing this status quo - our platform gives creators commerce, not affiliate tools, to manage their businesses. Creators who were making less than $25K a year through affiliate are now earning $100K+ through commerce on Narrativ. These creators don’t need millions of followers - the majority of creators earning a full time income on Narrativ have between 50-300K subscribers.
Narrativ has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack. Narrativ is committed to building a diverse team in a technology ecosystem that is anything but - the team is 42% women and 60% people of color today.
Do you share our vision for making the creator economy dream real for millions of people? Come join our team!
Curious about our tech stack? Read our tech tear sheet.
- As director of engineering you will supervise the work of a strong team of engineers with overall responsibility for:
- Build and deploy tools
- Platform engineering
- SRE and DevOps
- Customer support tools
- Recruit, hire, train, and mentor infrastructure and SRE engineering managers and leaders,
- You will be a member of senior management at Narrativ, working closely with other engineering leaders and with business leaders across the firm,
- You can communicate clearly and effectively to technical and non-technical audiences,
- You can participate collegially in complex decision-making processes,
- You can engage in risk analysis, incident response, postmortem analysis, strategic planning, and other modern technology management processes,
- You will lead the architectural evolution of our technology platform,
- You will be responsible for Narrativ’s ongoing technology operating expenses,
- A successful candidate will have fifteen or more years of relevant experience in high-tech software development and operations teams.
- An MS or PhD in computer science or software engineering -or-
- A bachelor’s or better degree in a STEM discipline plus very substantial systems engineering and operating experience
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.