Narrativ is a subscription technology platform for brands to acquire new customers through trust-based marketing. We built an ad-free alternative to the e-commerce growth marketing playbook by building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the creator economy.
Brands know consumers are tired of being inundated with ads that only tell one side of the story - yet the marketing playbook hasn’t evolved. Unlike search engine marketing or social marketing, trust-based marketing is honest and unbiased, balanced with both pros and cons, and comes from diverse voices that speak with integrity and specificity. Creators are at the center of consumer trust today.
Narrativ’s technology gives all brands and creators - not just the top 1% - the tools to win in the $50 billion creator economy by building trust with consumers, not selling ads. We’ve been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack.
Do you share our vision for decentralizing the institutions that control the Internet today? Come join our team.
Why you should work here:
- We’re growing fast, without constantly diluting your equity: Narrativ is growing 3-4X year over year (yep, you read that right). Hundreds of brands joined Narrativ’s platform in the last year, from enterprises like Best Buy, Sephora, and Samsung, to rising brands like Yeti, Cariuma, and Peace Out Skincare.
- Massive TAM, unique approach: We’re tackling the creator economy and e-commerce, a $50-150 billion market. Narrativ’s unique approach is that we believe technology is not neutral – its values are encoded by its creators. We value integrity, specificity, and diversity (not just scale at all costs).
- Join a strong, diverse team: We’re more than doubling in size and growing to a team of 130 by the end of the year. Narrativ is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – more than 50% of our leadership team are women. We’ve taken the 15% pledge both in our talent strategy and across creators on our platform. We’re amplifying our diverse team’s support of communities of color by matching 200% of all individual donations as a company.
- Last, but very important, we are a startup: We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to wield the chaos that comes with true creation, explore ambiguity, set the bar for excellence, and have full ownership over their impact. You’ll never be a cog in a machine here, but you won’t have the established blueprints of being one either. If all this sounds exciting to you, come join us.
Narrativ is scaling quickly and looking to hire a passionate, results-oriented Category Leader to build a team to lead the Home Economy vertical.
This is a unique opportunity to build and grow a core business segment at Narrativ and have a fundamental impact on the success of a rapidly growing startup. In this role, you will build, lead and mentor a team (serve as Player - Coach) to grow your category, while working to build and operationalize our go to market strategy and growth strategy.
These categories will be the heartbeat of Narrativ’s revenue growth so you are the right fit for this role if you have the hunger to make an outsized impact. You see ambiguity and obstacles as opportunities to build something new. You take full ownership of initiatives and are proactive about capturing new opportunities. You prefer to be a big fish (whether the pond is small or big) and make as big of a splash as possible.
- Own top-line revenue goals for your category, identifying opportunities for growth and operationalizing them in order to set and hit ambitious goals for platform marketing spend in your category
- Partner with senior client stakeholders on marketing and executive teams at category-leading brands and retailers such as Best Buy and Sephora; Directly manage these relationships to start
- Build, manage, and coach a small team of Growth Directors and/or Associates, including regular 1:1s, radical candor feedback in the moment, performance reviews, and career planning conversations
- Build category expertise in order to understand the category trends, insights, and goals across retailers, brands, publishers, and creators
- Partner cross-functionally with Narrativ’s product/engineering team to drive development of best-in-class solutions
- Experience in any of the following industries is preferred: consulting, finance, strategy & ops, high-growth tech startup, e-commerce performance marketing
- Experience managing a high-performance team
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills: you use data to draw insights and make decisions
- Equal parts strategic and operational — willing to roll up your sleeves and dive into account strategy and campaign set-ups when necessary
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with clients, including senior stakeholders
- Thrive in a matrix organization and comfortable working with cross functional teammates at all levels
- Enthusiasm or interest in the category you will own
- Bonus points for experience managing and/or growing SaaS contracts or performance marketing accounts
Important Notice: We are putting the health and safety of our employees first. For the balance of 2021, we’ll be working from home. With so much uncertainty in the world, this is a decision that helped eliminate the anxiety associated with commuting and gave our teammates one less thing to worry about.
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.