Narrativ is looking to hire a Director of Sales Engineering to oversee the full scope of sales engineering and solutions design for Narrativ clients. This is a unique opportunity to have a fundamental impact on the success of a rapidly growing startup by ensuring successful integrations in collaboration with market-leading retailers and publishers. This is a strategic sales position reporting to the VP of Revenue and managing a team.
To be successful in this role, you must have the right combination of strategy, leadership, technical, sales, and operational skills. You will be expected to help set the strategy and approach to effectively and efficiently serve a rapidly growing base of merchant clients and publisher partners.
You will collaborate closely with our sales teams as a technology evangelist and subject matter expert to differentiate Narrativ to prospective customers and help clients understand the value - explaining technical features, scoping and evaluating client needs, and problem-solving any potential roadblocks.
- Collaborate with senior business and technical decision makers to understand business objectives and demonstrate the value proposition of Narrativ
- Set a new standard for understanding, navigating, and developing strategies to resolve technical blockers with a full-scope understanding of internal implications in mind
- Provide in-depth subject matter expertise to support the technical relationship with prospective customers, including product and solution briefings and proof-of-concept work
- Partner directly with product management to prioritize solutions impacting customer adoption
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and support product integrations in customer/partner environments
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices
- Drive operational excellence as it relates to integrations and solutions at Narrativ - setting and managing to goals related to client success and efficiency
What you’ll learn:
- You’ll learn how to partner strategically with Product and Revenue teams - help create and collaborate on the roadmap and strategy for integrations at Narrativ
- You’ll learn how to both close deals and set them up for success and work in an environment with highly complex deal structures
- All told, this is a truly special opportunity for an exceptional performer to greatly accelerate the trajectory of his/her career
- Experience as a solutions architect, technical consultant, or technical sales engineer is required (i.e., client facing technical experience)
- Implementation experience with a SaaS or media technology platform
- Experience delivering technical pitches to executive audiences
- Demonstrated consulting skills and an ability to present complex topics to both business executives and technical audiences
- Ability to coordinate technical team resources by identifying necessary team member skills required, assemble as appropriate, and orchestrate customer engagement technical strategy.
- Experience in, and understanding of, data and information management as it relates to enterprise SaaS implementations and integrations.
- Experience answering cyber security and regulatory compliance questions and demonstrated ability to address client privacy and information security concerns.
- Experience selling technology tools to publishing companies and/or retailers
- Has existing relationships with media companies or retailers
- Deep passion for improving the online product search experience for shoppers
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.