Narrativ is the marketplace for unbiased product recommendations by experts on the open web. We exponentially increase match rate and augment commerce content with real time conversion data—turning honest recommendations from expert voices into a brand safe, multi-billion dollar acquisition channel.
Demand for expert recommendations has exploded, surpassing the need for simple price comparison and ushering in the era of the Intentional Shopper. This is a lean in, high intent shopper who seeks the whole story to find the products best suited to her individual needs.
Our product graph—100M+ products mapped to all of the rich stories about them and over $26B of live purchase data —powers our high match rate. Our market research tools help editors author better, higher converting product recommendations.
Why we’re special:
- Ambitious technology: Our technology mines and organizes the world’s product data in a way that’s useful (rather than intrusive) for consumers. We built a product graph featuring 80mm SKUs enriched with $20bn of monthly cart data, making it the largest database of products matched to product recommendation.
- Talented team: Fast Company recently named Narrativ one of the 50 best workplaces for innovators, fashion disruptor by Financial Times, and a technology pioneer by the World Economic Forum. We’re here to pursue greatness, embrace challenge and relentlessly improve every day.
- Fast growth: Narrativ drove $50mm in revenue for partners like Sephora, Container Store, Ulta Beauty, Best Buy, Samsung, L’Oreal and many more
Join us for the opportunity to impact billions of shoppers on our mission to improve the value of every recommendation -- to create a better Internet for shoppers.
Narrativ is looking to hire a Business Development Manager in their Beauty & Lifestyle category. This is a unique opportunity to have a fundamental impact on the success of a rapidly growing startup. In this role, you will collaborate with our Director of Business Development, Beauty & Lifestyle to acquire both new advertisers and new publishers for the platform.
You’ll be on the cutting edge of performance marketing as Narrativ is fundamentally opening a new acquisition channel for advertisers and new revenue streams for publishers. We operate at massive scale- your work will directly influence millions of dollars of revenue for some of the most well-known companies in the industry. You'll work directly with advertiser prospects to understand their marketing goals and explain the advantages of Narrativ’s technology. Similarly, you’ll also work with our publisher prospects, to understand their content and demonstrate how Narrativ can better monetize unbiased and honest product recommendations.
You’ll be expected to toggle between closing deals and potentially some enterprise SDR work depending on specific company needs though we can adapt the role a bit to your skllset and desired career path.
- Full-cycle sales with responsibility for building and maintaining a pipeline of prospective and current customer deals
- Deliver product demos, provide insightful technical answers, and recommend creative ways to get the most out of the Narrativ platform, which means you’ll also have to understand the publisher side of the business
- Tag into the growth side of the business and build and execute on strategies that maximize liquidity, link creation and revenue for our publisher partners.
What you’ll learn:
- You’ll learn how to work with product and growth teams by representing prospects and customers as we grow, enhancing features and build new products.
- You’ll learn how to both close deals and set them up for success and work in an environment with highly complex deal structures
- All told, this is a truly special opportunity for an exceptional performer to greatly accelerate the trajectory of her career
- 1+ years selling tech products
- Ability to interact with a broad set of stakeholders, presenting both over the phone and in person.
- An ability and desire to create a playbook when one does not yet exist.
- High levels of intellectual curiosity and outstanding proven performance in a previous role.
- Experience selling martech/ consultative technology tools to publishing companies
- Has existing relationships with media companies or retailers
- Deep passion for improving the online product search experience for shoppers
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!