Narrativ is a technology platform for brands to unlock, manage, and grow their share of product reviews on the open web.
Why is this important? We’ve seen a decade’s worth of e-commerce growth in 2020, and the emergence of a smarter consumer who demands a better way to buy than ads. They’re turning to expert product reviews on trusted sources ranging from The New York Times to their favorite YouTuber. But only Amazon is reaping the benefits today, commanding a $40B monopoly on product reviews online.
Narrativ’s patented technology empowers everyone to win. We build the tech and tools to turn honest reviews that tell the whole story about a product into a multibillion dollar acquisition channel for all brands. Teams at Sephora, Best Buy, L’Oreal and hundreds of others already partner with Narrativ to yield more efficient results than Facebook and Google.
Our work breaking Amazon’s monopoly and fixing broken and out-of-stock links on the Internet has gotten us recognized by The World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and by Fast Company as one of the best places to work for innovators.
Why you should work here:
- We’re growing, fast: Narrativ’s platform hosts 50+ partners spending $20mm+ a year including Best Buy, L’Oreal, Sephora, Bed Bath & Beyond, Home Depot, Nordstrom, and Samsung. We’ve doubled revenue so far in 2020.
- We have a talented team: We’re a team of 50+ from places like Amazon, Facebook, Google, and Etsy with a female founder that’s been awarded by the Financial Times, Forbes, and Inc. We’re hiring quickly, with plans to double our team in the next year.
- We’re challenging the status quo: Breaking monopolies and diversifying industries is in our DNA. Come join us on our mission to democratize product recommendations for all and build a better internet for shoppers.
Come join us on our mission to build a better Internet for shoppers!
Narrativ is looking for a Vice President of People to oversee the growth of our talent and HR operations as we more than double in size. This role is part of Narrativ’s leadership team.
You are a proven leader, able to drive strategy and tactics, while continuing to grow a workplace and its still developing culture. You will bring to this role an exceptional track record of successful organizational development, a proven commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion, the ability to thrive in a high volume, fast-paced and team-oriented environment, and above all an embodiment of trust and integrity.
Your outcomes in the first 1-2 years:
- We have a robust recruiting team and processes that onboards top tier talent while keeping up with our ambitious growth.
- We have finalized a performance management system that magnifies excellence and finds the right fit for every employee.
- We have a robust L&D suite, from exec coaching, manager training, and leadership resources for the whole team.
- We have high morale and engagement, and a system (surveys, etc.) to track, learn and respond.
- We have designed a remote culture that works for us, finding balance between flexibility and connectivity.
- As we grow, we will continue to be compliant with employment laws and regulations at the federal, state, and local levels.
- We have a multi-year diversity and inclusion plan that develops a true sense of belonging for all people, from an audit, to YoY benchmarks, to an action plan
- Our organization runs with efficacy and transparency
- You are able to provide high-quality, ad-hoc facilitation for tough situations that inevitably arise in any organization
- Total rewards
- We have finalized our compensation schema, including leveling, fair and competitive salary bands and bonus structures, and transparency.
- We have updated our benefits to be competitive and compelling (healthcare, wellness, 401k, etc.)
- Team building
- You are hiring a People team that grows with the company
- You are creating growth opportunities for your direct reports via coaching and mentoring
What we’re looking for:
- EQ and people judgment: To handle sensitive situations with empathy, grace, and confidence
- Structured thinking and communication: To identify and break down complex issues so that the rest of the exec team can drive decisions around recruiting and HR.
- Executive communications: Excellent writer and public speaker, in particular thoughtful about what context and tone.
- Manager (accountability): Knows how to manage a team, setting and enforcing a high bar.
- Manager (culture): Knows how to build a healthy team culture in a fast-paced environment.
- Backbone: Has a backbone, willing to enforce values and denounce bad behaviors even of “high-performing” staff.
- Adaptability: Open minded and adaptable, to handle a constantly changing startup environment. Outcomes, not checklists.
- D&I: Brings depth and authenticity to our D&I efforts. We’re interested in going beyond unconscious bias training.
Important Notice: We are putting the health and safety of our employees first. For the balance of 2020, we’ll be working from home. With so much uncertainty in the world, this is a decision that helped eliminate the anxiety associated with commuting and gave our teammates one less thing to worry about.
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.