Narrativ is a subscription technology platform for brands to acquire new customers through trust-based marketing. We built an ad-free alternative to the e-commerce growth marketing playbook by building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the creator economy.
Brands know consumers are tired of being inundated with ads that only tell one side of the story - yet the marketing playbook hasn’t evolved. Unlike search engine marketing or social marketing, trust-based marketing is honest and unbiased, balanced with both pros and cons, and comes from diverse voices that speak with integrity and specificity. Creators are at the center of consumer trust today.
Narrativ’s technology gives all brands and creators - not just the top 1% - the tools to win in the $50 billion creator economy by building trust with consumers, not selling ads. We’ve been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack.
Do you share our vision for decentralizing the institutions that control the Internet today? Come join our team.
Why you should work here:
- We’re growing fast, without constantly diluting your equity: Narrativ is growing 3-4X year over year (yep, you read that right). Hundreds of brands joined Narrativ’s platform in the last year, from enterprises like Best Buy, Sephora, and Samsung, to rising brands like Yeti, Cariuma, and Peace Out Skincare.
- Massive TAM, unique approach: We’re tackling the creator economy and e-commerce, a $50-150 billion market. Narrativ’s unique approach is that we believe technology is not neutral – its values are encoded by its creators. We value integrity, specificity, and diversity (not just scale at all costs).
- Join a strong, diverse team: We’re more than doubling in size and growing to a team of 130 by the end of the year. Narrativ is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – more than 50% of our leadership team are women. We’ve taken the 15% pledge both in our talent strategy and across creators on our platform. We’re amplifying our diverse team’s support of communities of color by matching 200% of all individual donations as a company.
- Last, but very important, we are a startup: We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to wield the chaos that comes with true creation, explore ambiguity, set the bar for excellence, and have full ownership over their impact. You’ll never be a cog in a machine here, but you won’t have the established blueprints of being one either. If all this sounds exciting to you, come join us.
The Chief of Staff will work closely with Narrativ’s CEO to develop strategy, evaluate key performance metrics, and propagate operational excellence. Narrativ’s CoS will have vital impact on a rapid growth startup already making millions in partner revenue.
- Strategy and Business Development
- Partnering with CEO to define and operationalize competitive market strategies to drive scale and returns for new products and technologies
- Managing clients, legal/M&A diligence, and market-focused exploration (e.g. maintaining a deep understanding of publisher/advertiser behavior, our competitors, and opportunities in our space)
- Identifying new product opportunities and assessing how they bring business value to Narrativ, with attention to defensibility, market share, and profitability
- Ideating with the CEO on fundraising materials – including pitch decks, financial projections, and supplementary assets
- Partnering with CEO and CSO to set Quarterly OKRs and syndicate with leadership team
- Effectively communicating revenue, profitability, pipeline, client satisfaction, employee feedback (including key drivers, risks, and opportunities for growth)
- Nurturing a culture of extreme ownership, accountability, and high performance that empowers the Narrativ team to thrive
- Own, and maintain Narrativ’s operating cadence across the organization
- 5 years experience at a top-tier consulting firm or investment bank (or equivalent analytical and strategic role at top-tier organization) where you
- Manipulate and analyze large data sets in platforms like Tableau/ Looker/ Excel
- Draw insights from analysis and packaging in presentations to clients
- Build deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Generalist expertise in client management and relationship building where you
- Partner with clients to achieve their goals
- Identify and execute on opportunities to grow client book of business
- Work cross-functionally and with speed.
- Interest in promotion track that includes a future executive operational role
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.