Narrativ is a technology platform for brands to unlock, manage, and grow their share of product reviews on the open web.
Why is this important? We’ve seen a decade’s worth of e-commerce growth in 2020, and the emergence of a smarter consumer who demands a better way to buy than ads. They’re turning to expert product reviews on trusted sources ranging from The New York Times to their favorite YouTuber. But only Amazon is reaping the benefits today, commanding a $40B monopoly on product reviews online.
Narrativ’s patented technology empowers everyone to win. We build the tech and tools to turn honest reviews that tell the whole story about a product into a multibillion dollar acquisition channel for all brands. Teams at Sephora, Best Buy, L’Oreal and hundreds of others already partner with Narrativ to yield more efficient results than Facebook and Google.
Our work breaking Amazon’s monopoly and fixing broken and out-of-stock links on the Internet has gotten us recognized by The World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and by Fast Company as one of the best places to work for innovators.
Why you should work here:
- We’re growing, fast: Narrativ’s platform hosts 50+ partners spending $20mm+ a year including Best Buy, L’Oreal, Sephora, Bed Bath & Beyond, Home Depot, Nordstrom, and Samsung. We’ve doubled revenue so far in 2020.
- We have a talented team: We’re a team of 50+ from places like Amazon, Facebook, Google, and Etsy with a female founder that’s been awarded by the Financial Times, Forbes, and Inc. We’re hiring quickly, with plans to double our team in the next year.
- We’re challenging the status quo: Breaking monopolies and diversifying industries is in our DNA. Come join us on our mission to democratize product recommendations for all and build a better internet for shoppers.
Come join us on our mission to build a better Internet for shoppers!
The Chief of Staff will work closely with Narrativ’s CEO to develop strategy, evaluate key performance metrics, and propagate operational excellence. Narrativ’s CoS will have vital impact on a rapid growth startup already making millions in partner revenue.
- Strategy and Business Development
- Partnering with CEO to define and operationalize competitive market strategies to drive scale and returns for new products and technologies
- Managing clients, legal/M&A diligence, and market-focused exploration (e.g. maintaining a deep understanding of publisher/advertiser behavior, our competitors, and opportunities in our space)
- Identifying new product opportunities and assessing how they bring business value to Narrativ, with attention to defensibility, market share, and profitability
- Ideating with the CEO on fundraising materials – including pitch decks, financial projections, and supplementary assets
- Partnering with CEO and CSO to set Quarterly OKRs and syndicate with leadership team
- Effectively communicating revenue, profitability, pipeline, client satisfaction, employee feedback (including key drivers, risks, and opportunities for growth)
- Nurturing a culture of extreme ownership, accountability, and high performance that empowers the Narrativ team to thrive
- Own, and maintain Narrativ’s operating cadence across the organization
- 5 years experience at a top-tier consulting firm or investment bank (or equivalent analytical and strategic role at top-tier organization) where you
- Manipulate and analyze large data sets in platforms like Tableau/ Looker/ Excel
- Draw insights from analysis and packaging in presentations to clients
- Build deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Generalist expertise in client management and relationship building where you
- Partner with clients to achieve their goals
- Identify and execute on opportunities to grow client book of business
- Work cross-functionally and with speed.
- Interest in promotion track that includes a future executive operational role
Important Notice: We are putting the health and safety of our employees first. For the balance of 2020, we’ll be working from home. WIth so much uncertainty in the world, this is a decision that helped eliminate the anxiety associated with commuting and gave our teammates one less thing to worry about.
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.