Narrativ is a subscription technology platform for brands to acquire new customers through trust-based marketing. We built an ad-free alternative to the e-commerce growth marketing playbook by building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the creator economy.
Brands know consumers are tired of being inundated with ads that only tell one side of the story - yet the marketing playbook hasn’t evolved. Unlike search engine marketing or social marketing, trust-based marketing is honest and unbiased, balanced with both pros and cons, and comes from diverse voices that speak with integrity and specificity. Creators are at the center of consumer trust today.
Narrativ’s technology gives all brands and creators - not just the top 1% - the tools to win in the $50 billion creator economy by building trust with consumers, not selling ads. We’ve been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack.
Do you share our vision for decentralizing the institutions that control the Internet today? Come join our team.
Why you should work here:
- We’re growing fast, without constantly diluting your equity: Narrativ is growing 3-4X year over year (yep, you read that right). Hundreds of brands joined Narrativ’s platform in the last year, from enterprises like Best Buy, Sephora, and Samsung, to rising brands like Yeti, Cariuma, and Peace Out Skincare.
- Massive TAM, unique approach: We’re tackling the creator economy and e-commerce, a $50-150 billion market. Narrativ’s unique approach is that we believe technology is not neutral – its values are encoded by its creators. We value integrity, specificity, and diversity (not just scale at all costs).
- Join a strong, diverse team: We’re more than doubling in size and growing to a team of 130 by the end of the year. Narrativ is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – more than 50% of our leadership team are women. We’ve taken the 15% pledge both in our talent strategy and across creators on our platform. We’re amplifying our diverse team’s support of communities of color by matching 200% of all individual donations as a company.
- Last, but very important, we are a startup: We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to wield the chaos that comes with true creation, explore ambiguity, set the bar for excellence, and have full ownership over their impact. You’ll never be a cog in a machine here, but you won’t have the established blueprints of being one either. If all this sounds exciting to you, come join us.
The Sales team at Narrativ is looking to add a unique individual contributor that will be more than just a salesperson. This role is unique because we are in a very pivotal stage in our growth and in addition to expanding our market reach and bringing on more logos into our books of business; we are also enhancing our product and building more tools that support our marketplace and that help drive revenue decisions for our customers.
As the first sales contributor to the merchant side of the business, early on in your role, you’ll work side by side with our product team on helping build the landscape of our platform while also interfacing with prospects for feedback and positioning.
You’ll be on the cutting edge of performance marketing as Narrativ is fundamentally opening a new acquisition channel for omni-channel retailers and new revenue stream for publishers. We operate at a massive scale- your work will directly influence millions of dollars of revenue for some of the most well-known companies in the industry.
- Since we are an early team, there will be elements of prospecting, building process, and iterating that will be a big part of this role
- Full-cycle sales with responsibility for building and maintaining a pipeline of prospective and current customer deals
- Deliver product demos, provide insightful technical answers, and recommend creative ways to get the most out of the Narrativ platform, which means you’ll also have to understand the publisher side of the business
- Coach and mentor future SDRs and team members
- Work with our product and growth teams by representing prospects and customers as we grow, enhance features and build new products
- This isn't the typical sales role, as you'll be owning new go-to-market strategy, working on playbooks and experimenting a ton!
- 5+ years selling tech products
- 2+ years selling to enterprise/ F500 organizations
- Successful track record
- Interest in data products, marketing tools and/or the retail industry
- Consultative by nature
- Ability to interact with a broad set of businesses and presenting both over the phone and in person
- Experience selling martech/ consultative adtech tools
- Team lead experience
- Existing relationships with retail and ecomm organizations
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.