Narrativ is a subscription technology platform for brands to acquire new customers through trust-based marketing. We built an ad-free alternative to the e-commerce growth marketing playbook by building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the creator economy.
Brands know consumers are tired of being inundated with ads that only tell one side of the story - yet the marketing playbook hasn’t evolved. Unlike search engine marketing or social marketing, trust-based marketing is honest and unbiased, balanced with both pros and cons, and comes from diverse voices that speak with integrity and specificity. Creators are at the center of consumer trust today.
Narrativ’s technology gives all brands and creators - not just the top 1% - the tools to win in the $50 billion creator economy by building trust with consumers, not selling ads. We’ve been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack.
Do you share our vision for decentralizing the institutions that control the Internet today? Come join our team.
Why you should work here:
- We’re growing fast, without constantly diluting your equity: Narrativ is growing 3-4X year over year (yep, you read that right). Hundreds of brands joined Narrativ’s platform in the last year, from enterprises like Best Buy, Sephora, and Samsung, to rising brands like Yeti, Cariuma, and Peace Out Skincare.
- Massive TAM, unique approach: We’re tackling the creator economy and e-commerce, a $50-150 billion market. Narrativ’s unique approach is that we believe technology is not neutral – its values are encoded by its creators. We value integrity, specificity, and diversity (not just scale at all costs).
- Join a strong, diverse team: We’re more than doubling in size and growing to a team of 130 by the end of the year. Narrativ is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – more than 50% of our leadership team are women. We’ve taken the 15% pledge both in our talent strategy and across creators on our platform. We’re amplifying our diverse team’s support of communities of color by matching 200% of all individual donations as a company.
Last, but very important, we are a startup: We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to wield the chaos that comes with true creation, explore ambiguity, set the bar for excellence, and have full ownership over their impact. You’ll never be a cog in a machine here, but you won’t have the established blueprints of being one either. If all this sounds exciting to you, come join us.
Narrativ is looking for a senior full stack software engineer to build tools and products around the company’s Product Graph and data infrastructure, which power Narrativ’s groundbreaking marketplace. You care about fast loading times and usability. You work well with designers and product people but are comfortable independently taking the lead. You work with other engineers to continuously release new features and improvements. You will own projects on day one. You’ll work regularly with Narrativ’s team to improve the software, architecture, usability, and feature set.
- Build snappy, intuitive web applications to control millions of dollars of gross merchandise value
- Build internal UI's that take our graph from a backend terminal to a usable tool
- Work autonomously on scoping technical projects through execution
- Build search and reporting interfaces to interact with terabytes of data.
- Create API endpoints and supporting SDKs to gather product recommendation and purchase information in realtime and batch modes.
Experience you’ll have to be successful:
- Have a passion for great documentation, whether it’s for code, system design, or making group decisions
- SQL (mysql/mariadb, postgres, redshift, bigquery, vertica, …)
- Expert experience with webstacks such as (but not limited to)
- Application frameworks (django, flask, dropwizard, play, rails, express, vertx, spring, jetty, phoenix)
- Programming languages (scala, java, kptlin, python, elixir, erlang, ruby, typescript)
- Experience in Adtech a plus
- Experience using Gremlin a plus
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.