Narrativ is a technology platform for brands to unlock, manage, and grow their share of product reviews on the open web.
Why is this important? We’ve seen a decade’s worth of e-commerce growth in 2020, and the emergence of a smarter consumer who demands a better way to buy than ads. They’re turning to expert product reviews on trusted sources ranging from The New York Times to their favorite YouTuber. But only Amazon is reaping the benefits today, commanding a $40B monopoly on product reviews online.
Narrativ’s patented technology empowers everyone to win. We build the tech and tools to turn honest reviews that tell the whole story about a product into a multibillion dollar acquisition channel for all brands. Teams at Sephora, Best Buy, L’Oreal and hundreds of others already partner with Narrativ to yield more efficient results than Facebook and Google.
Our work breaking Amazon’s monopoly and fixing broken and out-of-stock links on the Internet has gotten us recognized by The World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and by Fast Company as one of the best places to work for innovators.
Why you should work here:
- We’re growing, fast: Narrativ’s platform hosts 50+ partners spending $20mm+ a year including Best Buy, L’Oreal, Sephora, Bed Bath & Beyond, Home Depot, Nordstrom, and Samsung. We’ve doubled revenue so far in 2020.
- We have a talented team: We’re a team of 50+ from places like Amazon, Facebook, Google, and Etsy with a female founder that’s been awarded by the Financial Times, Forbes, and Inc. We’re hiring quickly, with plans to double our team in the next year.
- We’re challenging the status quo: Breaking monopolies and diversifying industries is in our DNA. Come join us on our mission to democratize product recommendations for all and build a better internet for shoppers.
Come join us on our mission to build a better Internet for shoppers!
Narrativ is looking for a senior full stack software engineer to build tools and products around the company’s Product Graph and data infrastructure, which power Narrativ’s groundbreaking marketplace. You care about fast loading times and usability. You’re comfortable using a relational database like PostgreSQL or MySQL, and know when to use alternative databases like Redis or DynamoDB. You work well with designers and product people but are comfortable independently taking the lead. You work with other engineers to continuously release new features and improvements. You will own projects on day one. You’ll work regularly with Narrativ’s team to improve the software, architecture, usability, and feature set.
- Rewrite our product match page from angular to react while supporting multiple queues and search abilities
- Work on internal and external custom features that support internal use of our product graph
- Work autonomously on scoping technical projects through execution
- Build internal UI's that take our graph from a backend terminal to a usable tool
Experience you’ll have to be successful:
- Have a passion for great documentation, whether it’s for code, system design, or making group decisions
- SQL (mysql/mariadb, postgres, redshift, bigquery, vertica, …)
- NoSQL/NewSQL database (Cassandra/Scylla, redis, couchdb, Janus, neo4j, rethinkdb, datomic, …
- Expert experience with webstacks such as (but not limited to)
- Application frameworks (django, flask, dropwizard, play, rails, express, vertx, spring, jetty, phoenix)
- Programming languages ( scala, java, kptlin, python, elixir, erlang, ruby, typescript)
- Experience in Adtech a plus
- Experience using Gremlin a plus
- Statically typed languages a plus
- Redis and Spark highly desired but not required.