Narrativ is a technology platform for brands to unlock, manage, and grow their share of product reviews on the open web.
Why is this important? We’ve seen a decade’s worth of e-commerce growth in 2020, and the emergence of a smarter consumer who demands a better way to buy than ads. They’re turning to expert product reviews on trusted sources ranging from The New York Times to their favorite YouTuber. But only Amazon is reaping the benefits today, commanding a $40B monopoly on product reviews online.
Narrativ’s patented technology empowers everyone to win. We build the tech and tools to turn honest reviews that tell the whole story about a product into a multibillion dollar acquisition channel for all brands. Teams at Sephora, Best Buy, L’Oreal and hundreds of others already partner with Narrativ to yield more efficient results than Facebook and Google.
Our work breaking Amazon’s monopoly and fixing broken and out-of-stock links on the Internet has gotten us recognized by The World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and by Fast Company as one of the best places to work for innovators.
Why you should work here:
- We’re growing, fast: Narrativ’s platform hosts 50+ partners spending $20mm+ a year including Best Buy, L’Oreal, Sephora, Bed Bath & Beyond, Home Depot, Nordstrom, and Samsung. We’ve doubled revenue so far in 2020.
- We have a talented team: We’re a team of 50+ from places like Amazon, Facebook, Google, and Etsy with a female founder that’s been awarded by the Financial Times, Forbes, and Inc. We’re hiring quickly, with plans to double our team in the next year.
- We’re challenging the status quo: Breaking monopolies and diversifying industries is in our DNA. Come join us on our mission to democratize product recommendations for all and build a better internet for shoppers.
Come join us on our mission to build a better Internet for shoppers!
As an Engineering manager at Narrativ, you'll assist in the building and scaling of a one-of-a-kind marketplace that allocates product links to merchants. Correct allocation over time will approximate an optimal solution to a multidimensional constraint problem, considering budgets, schedules, limited inventory, hierarchical matches, conversion rates, purchase amounts, pacing, and more. You understand how to build scalable distributed systems that can handle hundreds of thousands of requests per second at millisecond latency.
The ideal candidate for this role will know how to future-proof to the right degree, like setting up circuit breakers so the system can run in degraded mode rather than fail if load spikes unexpectedly. You care about correctness and quality of code, because those quality building blocks are combined to make reliable larger systems. You know how to profile code and have a sixth sense for locating performance issues. You are a mentor to other software engineers, and a partner to the product team. You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high quality software together with them
You are Narrativ’s Engineer Manager💻
- Recruit and hire more engineers.
- Develop existing engineers into more senior roles via active coaching and feedback.
- Partner with the Product team to scope, estimate, and prioritize work.
- Actively propose engineering projects to build and widen a technical “moat” for Narrativ’s business
- Manage the full software lifecycle of large projects with an eye towards quality, efficiency, and impact.
- Continuously improve intra- and inter-team processes to maximize engineer productivity and happiness.
Experience you’ll have to be successful:
- 2-3+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
- 8+ years building software
- You’ve collaborated with Product teams in the past and are up to the challenge of PM’ing as an engineering leader if needed
- Promote high-quality technical decision-making across a broad stack, pairing a passion for the technical aspects of your domain with the restraint necessary to enable engineers to make their own decisions
- Have the ability to make data-driven decisions in the face of ambiguous or changing priorities and goals