Narrativ is looking for a senior full stack software engineer to build well-performing, highly usable applications to manage millions of dollars of gross merchandise value in Narrativ’s groundbreaking marketplace. You care about fast loading times, idiomatic APIs design, and usability. You’re comfortable using a relational database like PostgreSQL or MySQL, and know when to use alternative databases like Redis for caching. You work well with designers, product people, and other engineers to continuously release new features and improvements.You will own projects on day one. You’ll work regularly with Narrativ’s team to improve the software, architecture, usability, and feature set.
You are a Senior Fullstack Engineer at Narrativ 💽
- Build snappy, intuitive web applications to control millions of dollars of gross merchandise value.
- Build search and reporting interfaces to interact with terabytes of data.
- Create API endpoints and supporting SDKs to gather product recommendation and purchase information in realtime and batch modes.
- New account management UI that reduces the currently high rate of error when configuring merchant campaigns.
- Increase the number of accounts a single growth manager can handle by creating tools and automation to multiply their ability
- Reduce the amount of manual work required to detect and resolve integrations issues by building more resilient systems and improved SDKs
- Support the planned growth of new merchants and maintenance of existing merchants for 2020 and beyond (currently under 50, EOY target over 120-150).
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure quality and ease of deployment by writing thorough unit, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- Refactor and tackle technical debt in the code base. Improve team capabilities with documentation, code reviews, and pair programming.
- Put in place best practices that allow for experimentation using data.
- Lead sprints and sprint planning while syndicating the companies values, mission and objectives in all that we do
- Take part in the software planning process, e.g. creating and estimating JIRA tickets, QAing feature, etc.
- Enhance business and tech stakeholder relationships
- Building and hiring a team almost from scratch
- Working knowledge of basic SQL and relational databases like PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Experience with some frontend framework like React, Angular, Vue or similar.
- The dedication to keeping up with new developments in tech
- Strong communication and organizational skills, motivation to achieve results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.