Narrativ is the marketplace for unbiased product recommendations by experts on the open web. We exponentially increase match rate and augment commerce content with real time conversion data—turning honest recommendations from expert voices into a brand safe, multi-billion dollar acquisition channel.
Demand for expert recommendations has exploded, surpassing the need for simple price comparison and ushering in the era of the Intentional Shopper. This is a lean in, high intent shopper who seeks the whole story to find the products best suited to her individual needs.
Our product graph—100M+ products mapped to all of the rich stories about them and over $26B of live purchase data —powers our high match rate. Our market research tools help editors author better, higher converting product recommendations.
Why we’re special:
- Ambitious technology: Our technology mines and organizes the world’s product data in a way that’s useful (rather than intrusive) for consumers. We built a product graph featuring 80mm SKUs enriched with $20bn of monthly cart data, making it the largest database of products matched to product recommendation.
- Talented team: Fast Company recently named Narrativ one of the 50 best workplaces for innovators, fashion disruptor by Financial Times, and a technology pioneer by the World Economic Forum. We’re here to pursue greatness, embrace challenge and relentlessly improve every day.
- Fast growth: Narrativ drove $50mm in revenue for partners like Sephora, Nordstrom, Ulta Beauty, Chanel, Goop, Revolve, and more.
Join us for the opportunity to impact billions of shoppers on our mission to improve the value of every recommendation -- to create a better Internet for shoppers.The Job:
Narrativ is looking to hire a Business Development Manager in their Beauty & Lifestyle category. This is a unique opportunity to have a fundamental impact on the success of a rapidly growing startup. In this role, you will collaborate with our Director of Business Development, Beauty & Lifestyle to acquire both new advertisers and new publishers for the platform.
You’ll be on the cutting edge of performance marketing as Narrativ is fundamentally opening a new acquisition channel for advertisers and new revenue streams for publishers. We operate at massive scale- your work will directly influence millions of dollars of revenue for some of the most well-known companies in the industry. You'll work directly with advertiser prospects to understand their marketing goals and explain the advantages of Narrativ’s technology. Similarly, you’ll also work with our publisher prospects, to understand their content and demonstrate how Narrativ can better monetize unbiased and honest product recommendations.
The value you’ll bring:
- Build, prospect maintain and eventually close a pipeline of prospective advertiser and publisher deals.
- Deliver product demos, provide insightful technical answers, and recommend creative ways to get the most out of the Narrativ platform, which means you’ll also have to understand the publisher and advertiser side of the business.
- Brainstorm, collaborate and innovate creative solutions to deliver value to new merchants.
- Partner closely with our Solutions team to support onboarding merchants and publishers.
- Collaborate with Client teams to align merchant and publisher expectations.
Experience needed to set you up for success:
- 3+ years selling tech solutions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of performance marketing, paid search or affiliate monetization and marketing.
- Interest in beauty and lifestyle categories. Bonus points for experience with Youtube or other beauty-related content creators.
- Successful track record
- Consultative by nature
Important Notice: We are putting the health and safety of our employees first. For the balance of 2020, we’ll be working from home. WIth so much uncertainty in the world, this is a decision that helped eliminate the anxiety associated with commuting and gave our teammates one less thing to worry about.
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.