Narrativ is a technology platform for brands to unlock, manage, and grow their share of product reviews on the open web.
Why is this important? We’ve seen a decade’s worth of e-commerce growth in 2020, and the emergence of a smarter consumer who demands a better way to buy than ads. They’re turning to expert product reviews on trusted sources ranging from The New York Times to their favorite YouTuber. But only Amazon is reaping the benefits today, commanding a $40B monopoly on product reviews online.
Narrativ’s patented technology empowers everyone to win. We build the tech and tools to turn honest reviews that tell the whole story about a product into a multibillion dollar acquisition channel for all brands. Teams at Sephora, Best Buy, L’Oreal and hundreds of others already partner with Narrativ to yield more efficient results than Facebook and Google.
Our work breaking Amazon’s monopoly and fixing broken and out-of-stock links on the Internet has gotten us recognized by The World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and by Fast Company as one of the best places to work for innovators.
Why you should work here:
- We’re growing, fast: Narrativ’s platform hosts 50+ partners spending $20mm+ a year including Best Buy, L’Oreal, Sephora, Bed Bath & Beyond, Home Depot, Nordstrom, and Samsung. We’ve doubled revenue so far in 2020.
- We have a talented team: We’re a team of 50+ from places like Amazon, Facebook, Google, and Etsy with a female founder that’s been awarded by the Financial Times, Forbes, and Inc. We’re hiring quickly, with plans to double our team in the next year.
- We’re challenging the status quo: Breaking monopolies and diversifying industries is in our DNA. Come join us on our mission to democratize product recommendations for all and build a better internet for shoppers.
Come join us on our mission to build a better Internet for shoppers!
You are a software engineer who thrives on finding ways that systems can break. You laugh at “the happy path” because you know the darkness hiding behind the many forking branches of the path! You revel in setting up testing infrastructure, tools, and libraries so that it’s easier for developers to write useful tests than not. You are a champion of good testing practices and a friendly mentor. You understand quality tradeoffs are as appropriate as any feature tradeoff. You appreciate the unique value of manual testing in a holistic quality strategy, and understand where to apply automation. You know what’s appropriate for unit tests, integration tests, regression tests, smoke tests, end-to-end tests, and manual tests. You get involved in project scoping so acceptance criteria are measurable. You get involved in system designs so features are testable, instantiating or mocking other components as appropriate. You know how to strike the balance between the completeness and practicality of a test plan. You accept that “testing in production” is okay if done with care, though you may prefer a fully cloned test system. You enjoy having different systems with different levels of isolation and stability expectations, like production, staging, dev, local. You have a passion for understanding root causes and about quality as a feature in general.
You are Narrativ’s Software Engineer in Test. 🛡
- Perform manual testing driving automated test roadmap // design
- Define automation test plan design across cross-functional teams, teach best practices
- Monitor systems for regressions giving actionable insights to feature teams
- Maintain quality of Narrativ’s UI/UX and report on regressions
- Own the feature of “quality,” and drive the continuous improvement of it
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Engineer in Test
- Experience in designing scalable automation systems
- A forever learner, also a teacher
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in coordinating multiple work streams across multiple teams
Important Notice: We are putting the health and safety of our employees first. For the balance of 2020, we’ll be working from home. WIth so much uncertainty in the world, this is a decision that helped eliminate the anxiety associated with commuting and gave our teammates one less thing to worry about.
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.