Narrativ is the marketplace for unbiased product recommendations by experts on the open web. We exponentially increase match rate and augment commerce content with real time conversion data—turning honest recommendations from expert voices into a brand safe, multi-billion dollar acquisition channel.
Demand for expert recommendations has exploded, surpassing the need for simple price comparison and ushering in the era of the Intentional Shopper. This is a lean in, high intent shopper who seeks the whole story to find the products best suited to her individual needs.
Our product graph—100M+ products mapped to all of the rich stories about them and over $26B of live purchase data —powers our high match rate. Our market research tools help editors author better, higher converting product recommendations.
Why we’re special:
- Ambitious technology: Our technology mines and organizes the world’s product data in a way that’s useful (rather than intrusive) for consumers. We built a product graph featuring 80mm SKUs enriched with $20bn of monthly cart data, making it the largest database of products matched to product recommendation.
- Talented team: Fast Company recently named Narrativ one of the 50 best workplaces for innovators, fashion disruptor by Financial Times, and a technology pioneer by the World Economic Forum. We’re here to pursue greatness, embrace challenge and relentlessly improve every day.
- Fast growth: Narrativ drove $50mm in revenue for partners like Sephora, Nordstrom, Ulta Beauty, Chanel, Goop, Revolve, and more.
Join us for the opportunity to impact billions of shoppers on our mission to improve the value of every recommendation -- to create a better Internet for shoppers.
Narrativ is looking for a full stack software engineer to build well-performing, highly usable applications to manage millions of dollars of gross merchandise value in Narrativ’s groundbreaking marketplace. You care about fast loading times, idiomatic APIs design, and usability. You’re comfortable using a relational database like PostgreSQL or MySQL, and know when to use alternative databases like Redis for caching. You work well with designers, product people, and other engineers to continuously release new features and improvements.
You are a Fullstack Engineer at Narrativ 💽
- Build snappy, intuitive web applications to control millions of dollars of gross merchandise value.
- Build search and reporting interfaces to interact with terabytes of data.
- Create API endpoints and supporting SDKs to gather product recommendation and purchase information in realtime and batch modes.
- New account management UI that reduces the currently high rate of error when configuring merchant campaigns.
- Increase the number of accounts a single growth manager can handle by creating tools and automation to multiply their ability
- Reduce the amount of manual work required to detect and resolve integrations issues by building more resilient systems and improved SDKs
- Support the planned growth of new merchants and maintenance of existing merchants for 2020 and beyond (currently under 50, EOY target over 120-150).
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Manage a team of engineers in different stages of their careers; make them better at their jobs, advocate for the, and unblock them
- Ensure quality and ease of deployment by writing thorough unit, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- Refactor and tackle technical debt in the code base. Improve team capabilities with documentation, code reviews, and pair programming.
- Put in place best practices that allow for experimentation using data.
- Lead sprints and sprint planning while syndicating the companies values, mission and objectives in all that we do
- Take part in the software planning process, e.g. creating and estimating JIRA tickets, QAing feature, etc.
- Enhance business and tech stakeholder relationships
- Building and hiring a team almost from scratch
- Working knowledge of basic SQL and relational databases like PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Experience with some frontend framework like React, Angular, Vue or similar.
- The dedication to keeping up with new developments in tech
- Strong communication and organizational skills, motivation to achieve results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Important Notice: We are putting the health and safety of our employees first. For the balance of 2020, we’ll be working from home. WIth so much uncertainty in the world, this is a decision that helped eliminate the anxiety associated with commuting and gave our teammates one less thing to worry about.
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.