Narrativ is a subscription technology platform for brands to acquire new customers through trust-based marketing. We built an ad-free alternative to the e-commerce growth marketing playbook by building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the creator economy.
Brands know consumers are tired of being inundated with ads that only tell one side of the story - yet the marketing playbook hasn’t evolved. Unlike search engine marketing or social marketing, trust-based marketing is honest and unbiased, balanced with both pros and cons, and comes from diverse voices that speak with integrity and specificity. Creators are at the center of consumer trust today.
Narrativ’s technology gives all brands and creators - not just the top 1% - the tools to win in the $50 billion creator economy by building trust with consumers, not selling ads. We’ve been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack.
Do you share our vision for decentralizing the institutions that control the Internet today? Come join our team.
Why you should work here:
- We’re growing fast, without constantly diluting your equity: Narrativ is growing 3-4X year over year (yep, you read that right). Hundreds of brands joined Narrativ’s platform in the last year, from enterprises like Best Buy, Sephora, and Samsung, to rising brands like Yeti, Cariuma, and Peace Out Skincare.
- Massive TAM, unique approach: We’re tackling the creator economy and e-commerce, a $50-150 billion market. Narrativ’s unique approach is that we believe technology is not neutral – its values are encoded by its creators. We value integrity, specificity, and diversity (not just scale at all costs).
- Join a strong, diverse team: We’re more than doubling in size and growing to a team of 130 by the end of the year. Narrativ is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – more than 50% of our leadership team are women. We’ve taken the 15% pledge both in our talent strategy and across creators on our platform. We’re amplifying our diverse team’s support of communities of color by matching 200% of all individual donations as a company.
Last, but very important, we are a startup: We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to wield the chaos that comes with true creation, explore ambiguity, set the bar for excellence, and have full ownership over their impact. You’ll never be a cog in a machine here, but you won’t have the established blueprints of being one either. If all this sounds exciting to you, come join us.
Narrativ is looking for a Senior Product Manager to reimagine how our users do their work: from marketers at the hottest brands and retailers; to writers, editors, and creators who write the internet’s most trusted recommendations.
The ideal candidate brings together creativity, user empathy, an analytical mindset, and a focus on execution that can change the trajectory of Narrativ’s platform and product team.
Your outcomes in the first 1-2 years
- You have crafted the vision of what our client-facing products will be — transforming the complex into simple; raw data into usable insights.
- You have helped transform Narrativ into a fully tech-driven company, building a platform that has created a healthier ecosystem of product recommendations on the internet.
- You have helped us reimagine how our users do their work: from marketers at the hottest brands and retailers; to writers, editors, and creators who write the internet’s most trusted recommendations. Both adoption and satisfaction is high.
What we’re looking for
- Track record of success: Has built an end-to-end experience that people currently use and generates revenue.
- Product sense: Can think big while getting s*** done. Has curiosity when knowledge is incomplete.
- Backbone / building trust: Has a point of view, is willing to share it, has ability to persuade, is willing to disagree and commit.
- Adaptability: Has worked in a fast-paced environment — bringing well-worn frameworks to the table and the confidence to break from them when necessary.
- Structured thinking and communication: Able to walk people through complex decisions, both verbally and in writing.
Baseline: Proven product experience. Knowledge of lean development processes.
Bonus: Experience in managing platforms in complex ecosystems, such as ad tech (e.g., Google, AppNexus, OpenX), social enterprise platforms (LinkedIn, Unified Social, Wildfire) , media platforms (Spotify, YouTube, Netflix), eCommerce platforms or marketplaces (Amazon)
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.