Narrativ is a 40-person, seed-stage product recommendation platform. We build technology for brands to measure, compare and optimize their fastest growing recommendation channel -- commerce publishers.
Shoppers are asking the Internet personal, nuanced questions from “What are the best shoes for a second round interview?” to “What is the best pillowcase to prevent hair loss?” Commerce publishers like The New York Times’ Wirecutter and Allure produce the best recommendations that answer these questions -- an unmined data source with the potential to transform a $175bn digital economy.
Why we’re special:
- Ambitious technology: Our technology mines and organizes the world’s product data in a way that’s useful (rather than intrusive) for consumers. We built a product graph featuring 80mm SKUs enriched with $20bn of monthly cart data, making it the largest database of products matched to product recommendation.
- Talented team: Fast Company recently named Narrativ one of the 50 best workplaces for innovators, fashion disruptor by Financial Times, and a technology pioneer by the World Economic Forum. We’re here to pursue greatness, embrace challenge and relentlessly improve every day.
- Fast growth: We’re a diverse team -- with experience from McKinsey to Dropbox, Bloomberg to Glossier -- that’s doubling in size over the next year.
Join us for the opportunity to impact billions of shoppers on our mission to improve the value of every recommendation -- to create a better Internet for shoppers.
Narrativ is looking for Staff Frontend Engineers that will operate in a player/ coach capacity and will work to improve the products and technology solutions that drive revenue for our partners. As a team, we believe firmly in the value of testing and automation but also in moving fast! You'll be working with massive amounts of data (billions of data points per month) have the ability to solve the most compelling challenges using this data for our partners that will unlock massive growth on our platform. We are turning the chaos of retail sku's, out of stock inventory and content ROI tracking into digestible insights enabling users to make informed decisions.
The next 12 months for Narrativ comes with a lot of feature and team building. We are looking to transition from being a transactional platform to a SaaS Product that helps publishers discover the most unique products and turn them into best sellers by enhancing our user experience and client facing tools.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Manage a team of engineers in different stages of their careers; make them better at their jobs, advocate for the, and unblock them
- Ensure quality and ease of deployment by writing thorough unit, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- Refactor and tackle technical debt in the code base. Improve team capabilities with documentation, code reviews, and pair programming.
- Put in place best practices that allow for experimentation using data.
- Lead sprints and sprint planning while syndicating the companies values, mission and objectives in all that we do
- Take part in the software planning process, e.g. creating and estimating JIRA tickets, QAing feature, etc.
- Enhance business and tech stakeholder relationships
- Building and hiring a team almost from scratch
- 6+ years building full-stack applications.
- 3+ years dedicated to to working on front-end and building products that users love
- Experience spec’ing out features, designing data models and API endpoints.
- The dedication to keeping up with new developments in tech
- Strong communication and organizational skills, motivation to achieve results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.