Narrativ is a 40-person, seed-stage product recommendation marketplace that connects the best brands in retail (Target, Sephora, Chanel etc.) with the fastest-growing recommendation channel — commerce publishers like Wirecutter (New York Times), the Strategist (New York magazine), and Allure (Conde Nast). This marketplace has the potential to transform a secondary digital marketing channel — affiliate marketing — into a first-tier priority in the $175b ecommerce space.
By building technology that removes friction from a fragmented ecosystem, Narrativ has created value for both sides of this marketplace. Brands and retailers can now bid for traffic, gaining control over a high-potential revenue lever. Meanwhile, publishers earn more for their expertise, all without sacrificing quality or integrity.
Why we’re special:
- Ambitious technology: Our technology organizes the world’s product data in a way that’s useful (rather than intrusive) for consumers. We’ve built the largest product graph that spans across multiple retailers, featuring 80mm SKUs enriched with $20bn of monthly cart data.
- Talented team: Fast Company recently named Narrativ one of the 50 best workplaces for innovators, fashion disruptor by Financial Times, and a technology pioneer by the World Economic Forum. We’re here to pursue greatness, embrace challenge and relentlessly improve every day.
- Fast growth: We’re a diverse team -- with experience from Dropbox, Bloomberg to Glossier -- that’s doubling in size over the next year.
Join us for the opportunity to impact billions of shoppers on our mission to improve the value of every recommendation -- to create a better internet for shoppers.
Narrativ is looking for a Talent Specialist that will help us thoughtfully grow our 40-person community.
We’re moving fast and our team is growing each month. Our current plans have us doubling in the coming year, and we’re in need of a talent manager to accelerate our growth and partner with our Head of Talent on scaling our team.
We’re looking for someone who loves the idea of building an employer brand, is a generalist recruiter but has a strong focus or desire to work with Tech teams. You get a thrill from placing someone in their perfect role. You are someone who understands that recruiting is more than just filling headcount – it’s all encompassing!
Lead and own, with ambition:
- You are willing to get your hands dirty with sourcing, not only for yourself but others. Interview trainings and experimentation with new platforms, tech or strategies get you excited!
The networking bug:
- You're comfortable chatting up an engineering intern and a CEO.You could probably host a workshop on the top ten LinkedIn hacks and workflows. Your LinkedIn skills are just the tip of your sourcing strategy iceberg, though. You have an ear on the ground to the best recruiting events, networks and groups and want to spread the word about where you work
- You may have worked at an agency and are looking to bring your talents in-house and want to learn the in’s and outs of working internally at a tech start up where you’ll finally get to see how your contribution pays off. If not at an agency, you might be a contributor at a larger organization and are looking to have more ownership and larger impact at a smaller company. You want to experiment and have experience hiring technical talent
What you’ll do:
- Own full cycle recruiting processes for roles within Tech
- Work on employer branding initiatives across different platforms (blogging, social, events)
- Work alongside our team leads, you’ll gain a deep understanding of our business goals and drivers, and prioritize hiring needs. You will collaborate with each team as you define our way to find, woo, evaluate, and hire amazing talent
- You’ll work on sourcing for exec and leadership roles
- Collaborate with our Head of Talent on how to build our culture and brand internally
- Craft super fun job descriptions like this one and make recommendations to improve existing ones.
- Work on onboarding processes and iteration that are scalable and sustainable
- Have the desire to work on projects within People Ops and Identify opportunities to make us all better
- 2-3 years at an agency or larger tech company, experience as a tech sourcer a big plus :)
- You’ve recruited Engineers, Product Managers and Designers
- Experience working with ATS like Greenhouse or Lever
- Have a passion for hiring diverse talent
- Intellectual horsepower: You want to understand an org not just “fill the role”
- You thrive in ambiguous settings and help people make decisions and hold them accountable
- Approachable and Collaborative with candidates and clients (your hiring managers and teams)
- Can manage competing priorities even when there’s too many
- Superb attention to detail
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.