Narrativ is a 40-person, seed-stage product recommendation marketplace that connects the best brands in retail (Target, Sephora, Chanel etc.) with the fastest-growing recommendation channel — commerce publishers like Wirecutter (New York Times), the Strategist (New York magazine), and Allure (Conde Nast). This marketplace has the potential to transform a secondary digital marketing channel — affiliate marketing — into a first-tier priority in the $175b ecommerce space.
By building technology that removes friction from a fragmented ecosystem, Narrativ has created value for both sides of this marketplace. Brands and retailers can now bid for traffic, gaining control over a high-potential revenue lever. Meanwhile, publishers earn more for their expertise, all without sacrificing quality or integrity.
Why we’re special:
- Ambitious technology: Our technology organizes the world’s product data in a way that’s useful (rather than intrusive) for consumers. We’ve built the largest product graph that spans across multiple retailers, featuring 80mm SKUs enriched with $20bn of monthly cart data.
- Talented team: Fast Company recently named Narrativ one of the 50 best workplaces for innovators, fashion disruptor by Financial Times, and a technology pioneer by the World Economic Forum. We’re here to pursue greatness, embrace challenge and relentlessly improve every day.
- Fast growth: We’re a diverse team -- with experience from Dropbox, Bloomberg to Glossier -- that’s doubling in size over the next year.
Join us for the opportunity to impact billions of shoppers on our mission to improve the value of every recommendation -- to create a better internet for shoppers.
Narrativ is looking to hire a self motivated and research oriented market development lead to support our go to market team in selling to top publishers and retailers. This is a unique opportunity to have a fundamental impact on the success of a rapidly growing startup.
As our market development lead, you’ll build the tools, processes and eventually teams that allow us to expand our business to hundreds of commerce publishers. And don’t be surprised if you get to call on a few of the largest retailers and publishers in the world as well.
This isn’t the typical BDR type of role- of scrubbing lead lists, blasting templated emails and smiling and dialing. While there will certainly be some of that stuff, you’ll be expected to channel the voice of the market and provide input to leaders in marketing, product, and engineering. While we’ll certainly be here to support you, you’ll write and test your own emails, and run campaigns while acting as a sales planner and researcher. If you show us you can handle it, we’ll be more than happy to let you close the deals you source.
When it comes to growth, there are a lot of options in this role- as we build out this function, you’ll be able to build a team around you, own training, onboarding, optimization and work with marketing on G2M strategy. If you are looking to step into a closer role, you’ll be shadowing our Sales Directors when selling to F500 retailers and take on inbounds. There is also a growing Account Management, Marketing and Product Management function that you’ll get to work closely with and figure out other career tracks if you decide on a different career trajectory.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Identifying and maintaining a list of leads and ruthlessly prioritizing outreach
- Creatively prospecting into new accounts using any and all tools at your disposal- at minimum, we expect to test email, LinkedIn and direct mail outreach. And understand that phone isn’t going to dial itself
- Taking meticulous notes on all qualification calls and organizing prospect feedback into insights for our product and executive team
- Tracking all activity in Salesforce; we’re relying on you to commit to establishing best practices that can be rolled out as we bring new members on the team
- Being ready to pinch hit across ad hoc sales and growth management needs- we’re a small, scrappy team- you never know what tomorrow will bring
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in the school of hard knocks
- Minimum of 2 years experience in tech sales. As this is our first frontline sales hire, we need someone who has done this before
- Track record of exceeding your quotas / key performance metrics.
- Experience presenting to senior business and technology executives. Bonus points if you have demoed enterprise technology.
- Ability to create new processes while taking the reins in testing and learning from….
- Proficiency in Salesforce is a plus
- Extreme flexibility and ability to thrive in an unstructured environment. We’re a pre-Series A startup that is testing and iterating on a ton of promising ideas. The technology that you are selling will rapidly evolve.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal stakeholders and customer executives.
- Self-starter who can work with limited direction. Lots of job postings list this as a cliche but we mean it.
- Humility, a willingness to work hard, and a hell of a lot of scrappiness
- Bonus: Existing relationships with retailer and publisher executives and decision-makers.
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.