About Reproductive Freedom for All (Formerly NARAL Pro-Choice America)
For more than 50 years, Reproductive Freedom for All and its chapters have fought to protect and expand reproductive freedom —including access to abortion and contraception — for everybody. We are powered by our more than 4 million members from every state and congressional district in the country, representing the 8 in 10 Americans who believe every person should have the freedom to make the best decision for themselves about if, when, and how to raise a family.
Reproductive Freedom for All centers diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in our organization and our work. Continuously learning from our history, we hold ourselves accountable to achieve reproductive freedom with equitable access for everybody. As the oldest and largest national membership organization primarily focused on advocating for abortion access, we organize and mobilize, galvanizing millions of people to take action to defend reproductive freedom, and shining a spotlight of accountability on bad actors who work to impose their ideological agenda on others. We also work to elect champions for reproductive freedom and advance state and federal legislation to safeguard it. For more information on Reproductive Freedom for All, please visit our website.
In this internship, you will perform the following duties:
- Recruit volunteers and members at events in the community or over the phone;
- Meet with emerging leaders 1-1 and plan or host activism skills workshops and trainings;
- Attend, help plan, advertise for, and host campaign events- like member call-in days to mobilize support for a bill, our spring Lobby Day in Sacramento, educational forums, phone banks and canvasses for the primary elections, and Action Council meetings or actions;
- Advocate for reproductive freedom and help drive our campaign priorities in legislative session or key elections through grassroots organizing tactics like organizing member testimony trainings or calls into legislative offices, or lobbying legislators in district or in the capitol;
- Attend department meetings and trainings;
- Attend coalition meetings, edit policy materials, and keep our social media up to date;
- Track your work in VAN, a project management tool
In this internship, you will learn:
- More about the reproductive freedom movement and the status of policies affecting our rights in states across the country and federal, and how to talk about these issue;
- Key grassroots organizing tactics critical to mobilizing communities and winning campaigns- like pitching volunteer opportunities or leadership, phone banking, canvassing, recruitment, volunteer 1 on 1 meetings, lobbying elected officials or government staff;
- Other professional development skills like planning and project management;
- How to use tools like VAN, Hustle, Slack, and Mobilize.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has previous grassroots organizing experience (professional or volunteer) or a demonstrated interest in organizing;
- Is excited to get out into the community and talk to people one on one or in groups, over the phone or in-person, about reproductive rights;
- Is interested in gaining professional experience in politics and organizing;
- Is open to working some nights and weekends to attend campaign events;
- Is open to attending events in-person'
- Not mandatory, but let us know if you speak multiple languages;
- Has a demonstrated commitment to contributing to a workplace environment in which diversity is valued and supported.