About Reproductive Freedom for All (Formerly NARAL Pro-Choice America)
For more than 50 years, Reproductive Freedom for All and its chapters have fought to protect and expand reproductive freedom —including access to abortion and contraception — for everybody. We are powered by our more than 4 million members from every state and congressional district in the country, representing the 8 in 10 Americans who believe every person should have the freedom to make the best decision for themselves about if, when, and how to raise a family.
Reproductive Freedom for All centers diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in our organization and our work. Continuously learning from our history, we hold ourselves accountable to achieve reproductive freedom with equitable access for everybody. As the oldest and largest national membership organization primarily focused on advocating for abortion access, we organize and mobilize, galvanizing millions of people to take action to defend reproductive freedom, and shining a spotlight of accountability on bad actors who work to impose their ideological agenda on others. We also work to elect champions for reproductive freedom and advance state and federal legislation to safeguard it. For more information on Reproductive Freedom for All, please visit our website.
About the role:
Reproductive Freedom for All is seeking an Organizer in Las Vegas, NV. The expectation is that the organizer will work in a hybrid role, both remotely, with in-person events, and at other locations as necessary. All organizers must be prepared to travel as needed.
In this role, you will:
- Advocate and organize to hit the organization’s legislative and electoral priorities.
- Drive campaigns to advance bills for reproductive freedom during the legislative session, and in particular, work to engage volunteers in field and advocacy work around these bills.
- Drive campaigns to elect Reproductive Freedom for All-endorsed candidates during election years. Coordinate with campaigns and drive fieldwork (for example, canvassing and phone banking).
- Represent Reproductive Freedom for All in coalitions identified by Reproductive Freedom for All.
- Build power through volunteer recruitment and leader development.
- Recruit diverse volunteers and potential volunteer leaders to get involved in our fight for reproductive rights via events, set up tables at coordinated events to educate the community about Reproductive Freedom for All and its mission, and lead weekly individual meetings with volunteers.
- Mentor, train, and support Reproductive Freedom for All diverse volunteer leaders, including those directly affected by the fight for reproductive freedom, to establish self-sustaining “Action Councils.” (Action Councils are groups of all-volunteer leaders committed to working on Reproductive Freedom for All priority campaigns by planning and leading events, recruiting new members, recruiting for rallies, advocating for bills, or leading get-out-the-vote efforts plus other community-building events).
- Support Action Council leaders in building inclusion, and creating and executing organizing plans to achieve campaign goals. Provide support to these leaders through individual meetings, training, regular calls, community development, online forums, and other methods as appropriate.
- Infuse campaign context and Reproductive Freedom for All's methodology for creating social change in all-volunteer communications, with an eye towards diversity and inclusion; share regular campaign updates with volunteers.
- Sign up new Reproductive Freedom for All's members and move them up a ladder of engagement into volunteer roles
- Experience either in community organizing or campaign work, including engaging, energizing, and ensuring high community turnout at Reproductive Freedom for All community events. These skills may come from areas outside of traditionally paid campaign or organizing work- if you have skills that you believe will translate into member-based action, please apply.
- Skilled in building and maintaining organizing tactics like phone recruitment, canvassing, pitching leadership, meeting with members one-on-one, and coaching volunteer leaders to develop their own canvassing and community outreach plans. These skills may come from areas outside of traditionally paid campaign or organizing work- if you have skills that you believe will translate into member-based action, please apply.
- Demonstrated ability to connect with varying communities, understanding their needs and reflecting them into the work;
- Strong level of cultural competence;
- Ability to train volunteers and activists in organizing and campaigning
- Demonstrated ability to develop organizing plans and hit goals.
- Data management experience and knowledge (in particular, the ability to use or learn tools like VAN, Hustle, Mobilize, and HubDialer).
- Strong time management and organizational skills. Ability to work with deadlines and under pressure.
- Self-driven and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team building, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to Reproductive Freedom for All’s mission, values, and goals.
- Expressed ability to perform responsibilities in line with Reproductive Freedom for All's values
- Experience contributing to a workplace environment in which diversity is valued and supported.
- Eagerness and ability to take on work with a collaborative attitude and with an eye toward the crucial role cross-departmental tasks play in the success of the organization.
- Commitment to ensuring anti-racism, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the heart of our work and our organization.
- Commitment to not only protecting and expanding reproductive rights, but also supporting other fights for justice and civil rights.
- Computer proficiency in Google Suites (E-mail, Docs, Drives, etc), MS Office, Excel, Publisher, and/or other related software skills, and web-based research.
- Willing to work some nights and weekends.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.