Who We Are:
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is used in life sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications. The company’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join our team!
This position will join the Development Engineering team at Nanostring, working on new instrument products and improving existing instrument products. This role will be part of a new test team supporting the hardware team working on instrument automation/scripting, hardware sub-system prototyping and testing, and reliability testing. The work is highly interdisciplinary and will involve working closely with software testers, software engineers, and hardware engineers. A key to success in this position will be a self-motivated, proactive approach to collaborating with engineers and developers to effectively test sub-systems and automation routines to evaluate success in meeting the functional and quality requirements. A strong candidate will also take initiative to define and improve the culture, interactions, and processes of the test team.
- Collaborate with HW designers and automation developers to effectively test designs against functional and quality sub-system requirements
- Take lead on documenting and testing of instrument workflows and automation with aim to improve robustness and long-term sustainability
- Design tests for development and verification for commercial systems including any necessary test jigs and automation
- Perform root cause investigations for automation/scripting issues encountered during system testing and participate in identifying solutions to the issues
- Track issues and creates bugs identified during testing and report back to the automation developers
- Develop and execute written tests for automated hardware systems and document traceability to ensure that the system software meets all requirements
- Identify opportunities for and contribute to the creation of test automation
- Contribute to test planning and design as well as estimating effort on testing tasks
- B.S. or M.S. in mechanical engineering, software engineering, electrical engineering, bioengineering, physics, or related field
- 4+ years’ experience, preferably in the biotech industry with relevant test engineering experience
- General familiarity with engineering principles in the following areas: software, instrument control and automation, optics and imaging, fluidics, and electromechanical systems
- Ability to create and execute automated tests
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, design documents, and spec sheets
- Familiarity with software languages, C# preferred, and an ability to learn in-house scripting and automation tools
- Demonstrated ability authoring formal design and/or test documentation and following test protocols
- Experience with statistical analysis and design of experiments (DOE)
- Meets deadlines and responsibilities without requiring frequent guidance or oversight
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: NanoString has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that applies to ALL U.S. employees (regardless of work location), onsite contractors and visitors except as prohibited by applicable law. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination within 31 days of their hiring date or have applied for an exemption for which an accommodation can be made. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final (or only) dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Exemptions will be considered for medical conditions/disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, observations, or practices. For any visitor coming onsite to one of NanoString’s facilities, we must verify that the visitor is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to site entry and visitors must don a face mask at all times when onsite in a NanoString facility.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.