Who We Are:
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is used in life sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications. The company’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join our team!
For a defined part of NanoString’s spatial genomics platform, the SW Product Manager/Product Owner supports the software team as a lean-Agile Product Owner, with responsibility for creating and maintaining software requirements, specifications, related risk management activities, documentation, and future requirement planning. This role will advocate for the user, considering usability, cybersecurity, and supportability as well as the specific user facing requirements for the product. This role leads and contributes as an Agile team member to coordinate software team work with cross-functional project teams, external development partners, business stakeholders, and customers. The product owner must need little guidance to produce on-time and on-budget innovative and intuitive software.
- Collaborate with biologists, data scientists, and marketing product managers to identify, write, and manage user-focused software requirements
- Coordinate and ensure cross-compatibility of requirements and implementation across multiple vendors and internal teams
- Assist in unblocking both internal and vendor/partner team members as issues are identified.
- Work collaboratively with software leads and other product owners to ensure platforms work smoothly together
- Work within an Agile environment to own user stories and features, including creation, review, and approval.
- Select features for customer input, gather customer input, and adjust software requirements based on that feedback
- Work with the Agile team to refine features for future iterations and software releases
- Work with the Agile leaders, Product Management, and other stakeholders to continuously ensure the highest value is delivered from the team
- Help triage and track new issues identified by internal teams as well as by customers
- Identify usability risks and hazards in user interface workflows
- In conjunction with quality engineering, incorporate usability hazards and risk control measures into overall risk management process (uFMEA)
- Conduct and participate in acceptance testing
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, software engineering, software user experience, human computer interaction, or related field. Advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in requirements creation and management
- 3+ years' experience working on web-based, enterprise-scale, multi-user applications
- 1+ years' experience in an Agile delivery environment, preferably in a Product Owner role
- 1+ years' experience delivering cloud and software as a service (SaaS) product
- Experience working in biotech, life sciences, or medical device products preferred
- Experience working across multiple teams, both local and remote
- Skilled at documenting user experience design goals and requirements
- Excellent verbal, written, and face to face client interaction skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of cross-functional teams
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: NanoString has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that applies to ALL U.S. employees (regardless of work location), onsite contractors and visitors except as prohibited by applicable law. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination within 31 days of their hiring date or have applied for an exemption for which an accommodation can be made. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final (or only) dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Exemptions will be considered for medical conditions/disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, observations, or practices. For any visitor coming onsite to one of NanoString’s facilities, we must verify that the visitor is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to site entry and visitors must don a face mask at all times when onsite in a NanoString facility.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.