Who We Are:
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is used in life sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications. The company’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join our team!
NanoString is seeking an energetic and highly motivated Data Scientist I, Computational Biology to join the Translational Science team within Research and Development. This team member will be responsible for supporting the data analysis services (DAS) for the GeoMx Digital Spatial Profiler platform and future spatial biology platforms at NanoString by developing and maintaining analysis pipelines and creating fit-for-purpose solutions to bespoke customer projects. This role will work closely with the commercial and R&D teams to manage customer interactions and ensure timely resolution to unique customer data analysis challenges, while ensuring data and analytical code integrity.
This individual is expected to serve as a key developer for new analytical pipelines and tools for use with spatial analysis platforms developed for use with the DAS program. The individual will work on cutting-edge projects that extend the capabilities within the DAS program, and will be responsible for maintaining code bases associated with the program. The work is highly cross-functional and will require coordinating with NanoString research scientists, biostatisticians, software developers, and customer experience personnel.
- Develop and maintain novel pipelines for analysis of high-plex spatial data
- Design and execute move analytical workflows for customer spatial ‘omics profiling datasets
- Work directly with internal and external customers to address data analysis challenges, managing project life cycle from intake through result return
- Provide escalation-level support and education for data analysis issues
- Interpret and present results within the context of the biological question and implications for a given project
- Present results to technical and non-technical audiences; participate in scientific discussions
- Maintain well annotated code and detailed records of analyses
This role requires a background in biological interpretation of high-plex molecular data, skills in computation, algorithm development or application, and a history of engagement within the scientific community. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of agile software development best practices, and a commitment to supporting a community of researchers within and outside of NanoString.
- Ph.D. with 0-3+ years industry/post-doctoral experience or MS with 3+ years’ experience with background in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Genomics, or related field
- Experience analyzing multi-omics datasets such as transcriptomics or proteomics with standard biostatistical methodologies and bioinformatics software tools
- Proficiency in R required, other scripting languages preferred
- Experience with code versioning best practices and tools, such as git
- Familiarity with scrum/agile development best practices
- Domain knowledge within a relevant biological area (oncology, immunology, etc) required; advanced knowledge preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, and good time management practices; ability to communicate timelines and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as member of a project team
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to listen and understand customer questions, issues, and concerns, both technical and operational
- Strong communication skills; ability to summarize scientific data for an expert and non-expert audience
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.