Who We Are:
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is used in life sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications. The company’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join our team!
The Director, Total Rewards will apply a strong business orientation and functional expertise to lead and build the function to support a growing, innovative biotech company. The Director will lead, plan, develop and implement strategic and operational processes and programs that are competitive and industry relevant. This position will partner closely with business leaders, HR business partners and the HR operations team to ensure a collaborative approach in coaching and educating managers and employees on how Total Rewards programs support the lifecycle of one’s employment with NanoString, aligned to the Company’s strategy and priorities.
- Design and develop compensation and benefits strategies and programs that are market aligned, cost effective and support the growth goals of the company.
- Manage and administer equity related programs and processes and provide effective vendor management.
- Support the 401(K) Committee meetings through preparation with our external advisor and oversee all 401(K) administration and audit activities.
- Develop and implement health and welfare benefit programs (health care, life, disability, etc) based local country statutory requirements, market trends, and business cost parameters.
- Serve as consultant to business leaders and the HR team on total rewards matters such as salary, bonus/incentive, benefits, and equity, providing market trends and rationale to effectively manage talent.
- Establish and implement a job framework and evaluation process. Benchmark positions, determine job grades and establish competitive pay ranges, guide the development of career ladders.
- Develop and implement compensation and benefits policies and procedures to guide managerial decisions and ensure compliance.
- Build a Total Rewards team appropriate for supporting the business, set priorities, direct work and manage performance.
- Manages key relationships across shared services teams such as HR, Finance, Tax and Legal.
- Provide financial reporting, forecasting, and tracking as well as conduct analysis to inform decisions.
Qualifications and Requirements (Education, Experience, Specific Skills):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business administration, economics or finance
- 10+ years of compensation and benefits experience, with a minimum of 3 years of leadership experience.
- Ability to thrive in a fast pace, dynamic, growing environment.
- Strong program management skills - attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
- Experience in both smaller company (~100 employees) and large global company (>2000 employees) environments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Proficiency with workflows in Human Capital Management platforms such as Workday
- Certifications such as Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification, SPHR or SHRM-CP a plus
- Sound knowledge of the regulations and laws governing compensation and benefits programs (FLSA, Sec 125, 409A, ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, etc.). Working knowledge of international compensation and benefits regulations a plus.
- Experience with compensation and benefits design (job architecture, benchmarking, market pricing, pay ranges) and execution globally is a significant plus.
- Must have strong analytical skills and the ability to translate technical analysis into executive presentations. Ability to develop communications materials and deliver and present the business case, story, rationale for a global environment.
- Must be a proactive, solution oriented team player with a proven ability to collaborate with all levels of stakeholders
- Experience working in an onsite/remote work environment
- Experience working in the biotech or life sciences industry a plus.
- Ability to represent NanoString in a professional manner, and promote NanoString as an employer of choice in Seattle and the biotech sector.
- This role works on a hybrid schedule (3 days at the Seattle office, 2 days work from home on a weekly basis)
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: NanoString has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that applies to ALL U.S. employees (regardless of work location), onsite contractors and visitors except as prohibited by applicable law. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination within 31 days of their hiring date or have applied for an exemption for which an accommodation can be made. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final (or only) dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Exemptions will be considered for medical conditions/disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, observations, or practices. For any visitor coming onsite to one of NanoString’s facilities, we must verify that the visitor is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to site entry and visitors must don a face mask at all times when onsite in a NanoString facility.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.