Who We Are:
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is used in life sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications. The company’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join our team!
The Research Associate II is a hands-on, experimental science position with a focus on basic research in technologies combined with supporting current product development efforts. This position, specifically, will have a key role in supporting product development efforts for spatial molecular imaging, which is an approach for measuring expression levels of proteins and nucleic acids in a highly multiplexed manner in specific areas of tissue.
- Design, carry out and interpret experiments with limited supervision
- Organize and communicate results to supervisor and senior management verbally and/or in writing
- Perform 80-90% bench work on specified projects
- Work cooperatively in a product-oriented team environment
- Deliver results under tight timelines
- Present data to product development teams and management representatives
- Write protocols, experimental summary reports, quality documents and other scientific literature associated with projects
- Analyze large, complex data sets using spreadsheets and/or other data analysis packages
- Maintain and manipulate cell lines associated with your research
- B.S. in biochemistry, molecular or cellular biology or a related discipline
- 2-4 years of hands-on experimental experience
- Experience with RNA and DNA sample preparation, genomics and a wide variety of nucleic acid protocols
- Experience with in situ hybridization and fluorescence microscopy
- Excellent skills in technical execution of experiments
- Must be detail-oriented and highly motivated; independent yet enjoys working in a multidisciplinary, collaborative team environment
- Experience with tissue sectioning using a cryostat and/or microtome
- Experience in neurobiology
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: NanoString has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that applies to ALL U.S. employees (regardless of work location), onsite contractors and visitors except as prohibited by applicable law. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination within 31 days of their hiring date or have applied for an exemption for which an accommodation can be made. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final (or only) dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Exemptions will be considered for medical conditions/disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, observations, or practices. For any visitor coming onsite to one of NanoString’s facilities, we must verify that the visitor is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to site entry and visitors must don a face mask at all times when onsite in a NanoString facility.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.