Who We Are:
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is used in life sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications. The company’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join our team!
The Manager, Indirect Tax will lead the US indirect tax functions for a fast-growing, international public company. This individual will oversee and assist with preparation and review of monthly/quarterly tax filings and remittances and will actively participate in planning opportunities and in the implementation of indirect tax determination software.
- Manage the state and local sales and use tax function
- Provide advice, guidance and support to the business in the sales and use tax area, ensuring compliance and limiting exposure across the business
- Manage projects with outside tax specialists specific to indirect tax matters, and other tax related matters as needed.
- Evaluate the Company’s nexus within the US and assist with sales tax registrations as needed in new jurisdictions
- Monitor state and local tax laws that impact the company and interpret and implement changes as required to maintain compliance
- Coordinate preparation and filing of sales and use tax returns, ensure related tax payments are made accurately and timely, and prepare reconciliation of related accounts
- Work to improve effectiveness, gain efficiencies and seek opportunities to automate where beneficial and cost effective
- Identify and pursue tax savings opportunities and minimize liability through sound and informed application of tax laws and regulations
- Coordinate sales and use tax audits, as needed
- Assist with preparation and review of VAT filings via third party preparers, as needed
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
This position will work cross functionally within the Company, including interactions within various groups in finance, and also various groups in our supply chain and operations functions who oversee purchasing and other key inputs to the Company’s indirect tax footprint. This position will be responsible for execution and project management related to various reporting requirements, as well, ERP oversight specifically addressing sales tax automation software. Direct management of staff will be required as it relates to the monthly and quarterly sales and use tax return preparation, review and submission process.
- BA in Accounting or MA in Taxation
- Proven work experience as an Indirect Tax Manager
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
- Knowledge of tax software and MS Office
- Experience implementing and working with sales tax software packages such as Vertex, Avalara, or CCH.
- Committed to meeting deadlines and solving problems
- Exceptional customer service (internal and external) along with the ability to excellent “customer” relationships
- Strong leadership and personnel management skills
- Analytical skills with detail orientation
- CPA Preferred
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: NanoString has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that applies to ALL U.S. employees (regardless of work location), onsite contractors and visitors except as prohibited by applicable law. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination within 31 days of their hiring date or have applied for an exemption for which an accommodation can be made. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final (or only) dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Exemptions will be considered for medical conditions/disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, observations, or practices. For any visitor coming onsite to one of NanoString’s facilities, we must verify that the visitor is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to site entry and visitors must don a face mask at all times when onsite in a NanoString facility.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.