Who We Are:
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is used in life sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications. The company’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join our team!
The position of Senior Corporate Counsel will provide legal advice and counsel on strategic and operational decisions, agreements, and transactions. The position reports to the Vice President of Legal Affairs.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide hands-on leadership and legal advice with direct involvement in drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts including sales channel, intellectual property, collaboration, M&A, and other agreements.
- Function independently as primary reviewer and advisor regarding sales contracts and agreements to ensure terms and conditions are in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations, and safeguard the company’s interests.
- Advise on legal compliance issues applicable to life sciences sales and marketing activities (US and global).
- Assist in the preparation of the company’s SEC filings and advise on securities law compliance matters.
- Support legal needs of the company’s international subsidiaries.
- Assist with board and corporate governance matters.
- Collaborate with senior executives on M&A, financing, and other complex transactions.
- Draft and train on various corporate policies and legal compliance programs.
- Supervise outside counsel in a cost-effective manner.
- Proactively identify and manage legal risk, including emerging issues, and help drive legal strategy to align with the company’s corporate strategy and business goals.
- Serve as a business partner in support of business units across the company and around the world with minimal oversight and guidance from managing attorney.
- Assist with developing, implementing, and improving processes and systems to optimize the efficiency of the Legal department.
- Corporate attorney with a minimum of 8 years’ experience at a law firm, in-house at a company, or a combination thereof, in a mix of areas that may include commercial transactions, M&A, securities, corporate governance, and general public company representation matters.
- Familiarity with laws and regulations applicable to life sciences and biotech companies, including data privacy regulations.
- Knowledge of U.S. securities laws, reporting requirements, and public company board and corporate governance practices.
- Familiarity with intellectual property issues relevant to life sciences companies.
- Excellent law firm training and/or in house experience with respect to the functional role.
- Proactive leadership skills and ability drive critical decisions and deliver results.
- Good business judgment and ability to help the company take appropriate business risks.
- Superior oral and written communication skills and the ability to develop strong relationships across departments and communicate openly about challenging issues across functional areas.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Experience supporting business development is desired.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle competing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with employees in different departments and countries and at different levels.
- Active license to practice law in the state of Washington
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: NanoString has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that applies to ALL U.S. employees (regardless of work location), onsite contractors and visitors except as prohibited by applicable law. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination within 31 days of their hiring date or have applied for an exemption for which an accommodation can be made. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final (or only) dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Exemptions will be considered for medical conditions/disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, observations, or practices. For any visitor coming onsite to one of NanoString’s facilities, we must verify that the visitor is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to site entry and visitors must don a face mask at all times when onsite in a NanoString facility.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.