Who We Are:
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is used in life sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications. The company’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join our team!
The NanoString research group is seeking an experienced, motivated Research Associate IV with protein biochemistry skills to join our R&D team. They will be responsible for supporting assay and product development efforts for our spatial molecular imager platform and GeoMx digital spatial profiling platform. The candidate should be proficient in generating, analyzing and interpreting data with minor supervision or direction. The position requires strong written and oral communication skills.
- Design, carry out and interpret biochemistry-based experiments with limited supervision
- Organize and communicate results to supervisor and senior management verbally and/or in writing
- Perform 80-90% bench work on specified projects
- Work cooperatively in a product-oriented team environment
- Deliver results under tight timelines
- Present data to product development teams and management representatives
- Write protocols, experimental summary reports, quality documents and other scientific literature associated with projects
- Analyze large, complex data sets using spreadsheets and/or other data analysis packages
- Maintain and manipulate cell lines associated with your research
- Develop standard operating procedures and testing protocols
- Additional duties may include the development of diverse tissue sample preparation protocols.
- B.S. in biochemistry, molecular or cellular biology or a related discipline plus 10 years of hands-on related experience, OR M.S. with at least 8 years of related experience
- Experience with protein detection methodologies, proteomics, multiplexed protein assays and handling antibodies
- Experience with protein biochemistry, protein-based assays, immunohistochemistry (IHC), immunocytochemistry (ICC) and protein-based microscopy.
- Strong analytical skills
- Organized and detailed-oriented with ability to communicate results effectively Must work cooperatively in a product-oriented team environment
- Experience with tissue culture, manipulating cells and/or modulating expression of proteins in cell lines
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) is preferred
- Some experience with R and/or Python preferred
- Experience with immunofluorescence and general microscopy is preferable.
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: NanoString has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that applies to ALL U.S. employees (regardless of work location), onsite contractors and visitors except as prohibited by applicable law. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination within 31 days of their hiring date or have applied for an exemption for which an accommodation can be made. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final (or only) dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Exemptions will be considered for medical conditions/disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, observations, or practices. For any visitor coming onsite to one of NanoString’s facilities, we must verify that the visitor is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to site entry and visitors must don a face mask at all times when onsite in a NanoString facility.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact email@example.com.