Who We Are: NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails as the market leader in Spatial Biology. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit, Authenticity, Ambition, Ingenuity and Customers. Come join our team!
Position Summary: NanoString has a vision to bring disruptive technologies to the market that transform the life sciences and biopharma industries. With the launch of the GeoMx Digital Spatial Profiler Platform, we are expanding the types of questions researchers can address by combining genomic and spatial information. The GeoMx Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. The Sr. Manager, Infomatics Product Managment will lead the development of data and image analyses solutions and tools for the GeoMx DSP System.
- Lead all aspects of the vision, strategy, roadmap, and lifecycle management of the software product portfolio associated with the GeoMx DSP Platform (includes both image analysis and expression analysis features and functions)
- Lead and manage cross functional team to drive, prioritize and deliver key open-source tools to drive engagement and awareness of spatial data concepts, including commercial efforts such as the public hackathon.
- Drive alignment around the product strategy and roadmap among key team members in the organization, including software engineering, commercial, Translational Sciences, R&D, bioinformatics, biostats, quality, legal, senior and executive leadership
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including customer experience and product owners, on feature specifications, collecting/resolving requirements from all relevant partners, and making decisions about implementation and resource trade-offs.
- Ensure that product releases successfully meet user needs and that key performance indicators for product performance are defined and met.
- Demonstrate and communicate progress to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure alignment with analysis features/capabilities and customer requirements to generate a broad and differentiated value proposition
- Travel extensively with the field to visit customers and develop relationships with KOLs
- Working closing with R&D and Business Development, conduct continuous competitive monitoring and assessments of analysis product offerings
Requirements (Education, Experience, Specific Skills):
- Minimum BS degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, pharmacology, engineering or equivalent is required; additional MBA highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in product management for life science software products, genomic space preferred.
- Experience with cloud-based platforms and commercialization strategies.
- Understands and has worked in agile software development environment.
- Familiarity with the open-source and/or academic development network and community.
- Customer focused with a deep understanding and command of genomics and/ or proteomics end markets. Intimate knowledge of customer requirements and competitive offerings.
- A strategic thinker with excellent analytical and organizational skills who can drive the translation of strategy into execution with direct and cross functional teams.
- Ability to travel frequently (~30%)
- Energetic, resourceful self-starter with high integrity and the ability to work effectively in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Strong passion to deliver technologies and collaborations capable of advancing Spatial Research
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: NanoString has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that applies to ALL U.S. employees (regardless of work location), onsite contractors and visitors except as prohibited by applicable law. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination within 31 days of their hiring date or have applied for an exemption for which an accommodation can be made. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final (or only) dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Exemptions will be considered for medical conditions/disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, observations, or practices. For any visitor coming onsite to one of NanoString’s facilities, we must verify that the visitor is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to site entry and visitors must don a face mask at all times when onsite in a NanoString facility.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact email@example.com.