Who We Are:
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is used in life sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications. The company’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join our team!
As a part of the Customer Experience (CX) Organization, the regionally based Field Application Scientist (FAS) Manager leads and supervises their respective district FAS team and works closely with regional commercial counterparts to ensure customer adoption and success in their region. Through regionally preselling, training and supporting NanoString products, the FAS Manager assists with the scientific strategy in their own territory and serves as a leader in their district to contribute to additional revenue growth from commercial opportunities within the region.
Essential Management Functions in Territory Base location: RTP
- Lead district team in coordination with FAS Director and CX Management
- Align cross-functional commercial leadership strategy with District Director and Regional Marketing Manager
- Align cross-training strategy on new platform technical information as needed with District PAS
- Share best practices with FAS Leadership
- Regular communication and alignment with service and consumable leadership in district
- Conduct regular 1:1 meetings with direct reports
- Oversee hiring, onboarding and training plans of Field Applications Scientists within district
- Provide product knowledge, troubleshooting guidance, and customer-handling experience to district FAS
- Serve as an escalation leader for FAS team in ensuring prompt resolution to customer issues in district to CX management and/or scientific teams for additional consultation
- Responsible for the performance management of direct reports, including annual reviews, ongoing feedback, and career development.
Specific FAS functions in territory as follows: (N.C./ S.C. / TN / KY)
- Engage with new and existing customers to educate, support and train them on NanoString products and platforms
- In pre-sales environments, conduct seminars to educate and scientifically collaborate with customers in the planning and design of scientific projects to either support the purchase of an instrument or through partnership with an institutional/regional core lab or CRO (if available)
- In post-sales environments, train new customers and scientifically partner with clients in project scoping and design elements to increase product adoption and usage and participate in the cultivation of revenue generating post-sales support and consultative opportunities
- Conduct data analysis sessions and/or point to resources to enable regional customers to accelerate full adoption of technologies providing on-site troubleshooting as needed
- In partnership with the Regional Commercial Team, identify opportunities through relationship building with clients to position the power and utility of NanoString's technologies for their research or developmental efforts
- Partner closely with the Regional Commercial team in the positioning of new technologies as they are released and develop partnerships that may contribute to early access programs for these technologies
- Collaborate with CX Team counterparts in supporting customers and their scientific applications
- Contribute to the development and refinement of processes and materials used by the CX organization to improve the information and tools needed by the global team to advance the needs of our customers and to help to build a world-class customer experience organization.
- Provide client and product feedback to internal teams as required
- Mentor and train other members of the CX Team as needed
- Complete administrative duties as required
Qualifications and Requirements (Education, Experience, Specific Skills):
- PhD in biomedical sciences, biotechnology, or related field preferred; candidates with commensurate experience will be considered
- 4+ years involved in a customer support facing role
- Formal managerial training and experience managing FAS
- Experience in supervising a high-performance team
- Experience in working with a CRM system
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to multi-task and take a creative approach to problem solving
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: NanoString has a COVID-19 vaccination policy that applies to ALL U.S. employees (regardless of work location), onsite contractors and visitors except as prohibited by applicable law. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination within 31 days of their hiring date or have applied for an exemption for which an accommodation can be made. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final (or only) dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Exemptions will be considered for medical conditions/disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, observations, or practices. For any visitor coming onsite to one of NanoString’s facilities, we must verify that the visitor is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to site entry and visitors must don a face mask at all times when onsite in a NanoString facility.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact email@example.com.