Who We Are:
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research. The company’s nCounter® Analysis System is used in life sciences research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes, proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of basic research and translational medicine applications. The company’s GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit, we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join our team!
The Workday HCM System Administrator/Business Analyst plays an integral role in driving the success of our Human Resources team.
The candidate will report to IT Enterprise Systems Manager and partner with HR business to support Workday. The person in this role will prioritize, plan, and lead pivotal initiatives after assessing current state, identifying gaps, and seeking opportunities to improve. This role uses business strategy, user experience, customer feedback, and technological expertise to configure, maintain, and ensure the optimized performance of Workday.
- Serve as single point of contact for Workday configuration and security administration
- Optimize configuration and smooth operation of Workday, across business functions. Analyzes configuration and reviews business processes to identify gaps, roadblocks, and inefficiencies.
- Administer Workday tenant configuration where directed, including designing system process flow maps
- Coordinate enhancements to streamline functionality and drive improved user experience
- Adhere ITIL governance and SOX compliance.
- Define and uphold governance and standard methodologies for information security, access, and consistency across the platform
- Alignment of multiple large, highly complex, cross-functional and strategic programs. Ensure teams are aligned with our corporate strategy and initiatives meet both our day-to-day needs and our long-term vision
- Strong COE partnerships and confidence in Workday configuration, prioritization, and strategy. Develop and cultivate relationships with key HR partners to understand strategic roadmaps as well as emergent needs; manages expectations and delivers solutions
- Work closely with key stakeholders to help implement Workday solutions that address the business needs. Work with the business for UAT and sign offs, perform peer reviews
- End-user support, organizational change, issue resolution, testing, and training to improve and optimize Workday processes
- Be part of a team that will work to fix and resolve Workday production issues, using the latest available features released by Workday
- Create/prepare existing EIBs and load them to support mass transactions in Workday
- Experience administrating Workday platform for a small-to-medium-sized business. Understanding of system architecture components in a multi-tier, multi-platform system
- Expertise in Business Process configuration, tenant configuration, data loads, integration design & management, security administration and upgrade planning/testing
- Experience solving tenant configuration and integration issues through root-cause analysis, deep understanding of cross-stream and down-stream impacts
- HR domain exposure – a familiarity with HR structures, metrics, expected outcomes and standard methodologies.
- A need to get things done, ownership, and accountability
- Organization and project management skills
- Resourcefulness and a knack for navigating challenges independently
- Collaboration and partnership skills, experience breaking down silos and bringing partners together, influencing and persuading others with your strong change leadership skills
- Experience with multiple Workday modules
- Working in a dynamic, growing global organization that uses Workday
- Write custom reports as required for the functional areas supported
- At least 3 years of hands-on Workday System Administration in HCM, including configuration, workflow management, user management experience.
- At least 5 years progressive experience in HR or Business Analyst role
- Workday certification in one or multiple modules such as Time Tracking & Absence, Payroll (US), Core HCM, Talent & Performance, Compensation, Benefits
- 5 years of hands-on Workday System Administration including configuration, workflow management, user management experience. Reporting skills preferred.
- 7 years progressive experience in HR or Business Analyst role
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.